Pixel Microphone FAIL - 2 weeks and no phone.

srtviper

Jun 12, 2017
Visit site
As others have experience with their pixels, my microphone stopped working two weeks ago. The MIC works with video recording but does not work with voice calls.

I called google and got a label and have been without a phone for 2 weeks now. Calling the call center in the Philippines is a total waste of time. Kept getting lied to as to when the replacement will ship.

Google should refund customers or send them a replacement phone. It's sad to spend 700 on a phone and have it fail and finally not get a replacement.

time for a class action?

https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/09/some-google-pixel-phones-are-having-microphone-issues/

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
If they're replacing it under warranty, then that's the process that is supposed to be followed, so no grounds for a class action. But, why are you calling the Philippines? Is that where you are located? Just chat with them or have Google call you by using the "contact us" link on just about every page of the help sections. https://support.google.com/pixelphone/contact/chat_tech_support

He's being rude about the location of the call center. Vaguely racist too.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I was having this same issue and was able to fix it by disabling then re-enabling Bluetooth.

It is also not unusual for people to forget that they are within range of their paired Bluetooth headset and the audio is being redirected to/from that headset in their pocket or backpack (or, in my case, on the kitchen counter...).

srtviper

Jun 12, 2017
Visit site
The issue is not the Bluetooth. It is disabled. The issue is a flaw in the ribbon cable that causes no sound with phone calls only. There are so many failures that Google doesn't have replacements. Google outsourced their call center to the Philippines where all you get is pre-scripted responses and no real help. It has now been 21 days and no phone or refund.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
He's being rude about the location of the call center. Vaguely racist too.

How is that rude or racist? When you call whatever call center be it Google,Comcast etc. and they have people that speak broken english that are hard to understand it can and usually is very frustrating. I think you are being overly judgmental and made a problem where none existed !!

srtviper

Jun 12, 2017
Visit site
Pixel Mic FAIL - 4 weeks and no phone.

I has now been 4 weeks and no phone. My phone was sent in 4 weeks ago for the microphone issue and google has yet to replace it.

Customer service continually promises a resolution but nothing is done. I have asked for a replacement phone or full refund but google refuses to do either. They simple say they don't have stock at this time.

I would highly discourage anyone from buying a Pixel. Google will not replace it if something goes wrong.

Mungus99

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
How is that rude or racist? When you call whatever call center be it Google,Comcast etc. and they have people that speak broken english that are hard to understand it can and usually is very frustrating. I think you are being overly judgmental and made a problem where none existed !!

Ditto. Stop looking for something that isn't there

crawdaddct

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
The issue is not the Bluetooth. It is disabled. The issue is a flaw in the ribbon cable that causes no sound with phone calls only. There are so many failures that Google doesn't have replacements. Google outsourced their call center to the Philippines where all you get is pre-scripted responses and no real help. It has now been 21 days and no phone or refund.
Worst customer service ever. Even if you get another phone under warranty, it's refurbished, so you get someone else's broke phone. Lol

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I am recently experiencing this problem with my pixel for the first time (had since day one) and it is to the point that I am going to contact Google about it. Audio is just dead during calls and sometimes others can hear me, other times they can't. A reboot will temporarily fix it but then it breaks again. I dkn't get many calls but for $700 I'd like my phone to be a phone.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I am recently experiencing this problem with my pixel for the first time (had since day one) and it is to the point that I am going to contact Google about it. Audio is just dead during calls and sometimes others can hear me, other times they can't. A reboot will temporarily fix it but then it breaks again. I dkn't get many calls but for $700 I'd like my phone to be a phone.

That's covered by warranty; if you run into any trouble, shoot me a PM with your case number and I can try to escalate but that process is really straightforward.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Worst customer service ever. Even if you get another phone under warranty, it's refurbished, so you get someone else's broke phone. Lol

That's not how refurbished devices work, and warranty/insurance replacements are almost always refurbished unless there are no refurbished units available, in which case if there are new ones they'll use those. That's industry (gadgets) standard.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a replacement pixel coming after this issue was determined to be hardware by the Google support person I dealt with. Hopefully all will be fine with the new device

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance