07-20-2017 06:48 PM
41 12
tools
    I picked up the pixel XL from Verizon since they finally had the 128s in stock. I don't regret it one bit.
    07-08-2017 05:46 PM
    Still one of the best on the market.
    mmcclure0453 and billchat like this.
    07-09-2017 05:04 AM
    I'd buy one - nobody is SURE what the P2 will be like, or when it will be released.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    07-10-2017 03:25 PM
    A great phone, with good specs, software updates and security patches garanteed until late 2018 directly from Google as they are published... I say yes. I just got the 128GB Pixel so I am a bit biased but I didn't hesitate one second.

The newer phones are, well, new. So the Pixel 2 will probably be seducing and all but you don't know how it will be. According to rumours, it will be packed with new things as far as hardware is concerned. Now remember the price of the Pixel at launch? Imagine how much the Pixel 2 will cost at launch with all the new stuff added!

As far as other new phones that came out this year, say the S8, once the new factor as passed you have to still have a great phone. The Pixel will stand the test of time as opposed to the S8 simply with its software (the S7 got Nougat in March 2017 and has had very few Samsung app updates since the S8 came out). Given Samsung's history with updates, chances are the Pixel is going to get updates faster and for a longer period than the S8.

That's one of the main reasons I got the Pixel. I'm a huge stock Android fan and I love getting the latest and greatest in software more than good looking hardware (because, frankly, the Pixel is bland and dull in that respect).

So all of this to say definitely go for it!
    billchat and DMP89145 like this.
    07-11-2017 08:25 AM
    I have one for sale if youre looking for a deal.
    07-11-2017 02:13 PM
    Send me a message. I'd like to know details.
    07-15-2017 06:54 AM
    I have a Pixel XL 32G for sale also. has glass screen protector and case, box and charger
    07-15-2017 10:25 AM
    I just got the Pixel 32 from Verizon with the new deal and I don't have any regrets so far. The battery has been hot or miss depending on the day but otherwise it's a great phone.
    mmcclure0453 likes this.
    07-15-2017 10:37 AM
    Yes for sure. Pixel has got best camera and best software experience. hate Bixby button on s8, g6 software experience lacks a lot behind pixel. for me only iPhone stands close to this device but iOS is boring.
    p.s. I got 128gb like new phone only one month old for 435$ .
    dlalonde likes this.
    07-18-2017 01:19 AM
    The Pixel is still worth getting today. Especially at some of the discounted prices one can find on swappa and so forth.
    It still has the best camera on a smart phone imho... and the best user experience.
    dlalonde likes this.
    07-18-2017 07:33 AM
    I ordered my Pixel XL 128GB in December and got it in the beginning of February. Awesome phone. Awesome camera. It is my only phone and I would not hesitate for a second getting it again even now.
    07-18-2017 05:18 PM
    I ordered my Pixel XL 128GB in December and got it in the beginning of February. Awesome phone. Awesome camera. It is my only phone and I would not hesitate for a second getting it again even now.
    In face I got the black one for myself and the white one at the same time for my wife. Getting the 128GB was absolutely the smartest thing I did.
    No it isn't water proof but I am careful. I bought a few different cases to change things up once in a while. In fact I just bought a Mophie battery case that is a case that give extra battery life. I have no regrets even knowing or more so knowing Pixel 2 s are on their way
    DMP89145 and dlalonde like this.
    07-18-2017 05:22 PM
    In face I got the black one for myself and the white one at the same time for my wife. Getting the 128GB was absolutely the smartest thing I did.
    No it isn't water proof but I am careful.
    Same here, I actually searched for the 128GB and found one at only one carrier. No way was I sacrificing a good amount of storage because Google didn't include an SD card slot. I got a Spigen clear soft case to protect it and actually see the design.

My only gripe with the phone is I got the Very Silver model which means the front is white so of course the useless bottom chin stands out more but also, if you put it in your pocket you'll see some dust and lint in the earpiece. On the black model they'd be there too, just less apparent. Given how fragile the earpiece is, you have to be careful how you clean it. I've seen someone use a black Sharpie to color it but I'm not going to do that myself.

Otherwise, great performance, great camera, up to date software and security patches, great screen, you can't go wrong (unless you REALLY want a taller screen).
    07-19-2017 08:11 AM
    The biggest thing with the Pixel is the fact is gets monthly security patches and timely updates. It is literally for the purist. I absolutely loved mine but I found the camera not that great and I missed Samsung Pay, etc. I sold my 128GB 5" Pixel and miss it occasionally. Great device and I look forward to seeing what Google does with the 2nd Pixel.
    DMP89145 and dlalonde like this.
    07-19-2017 09:44 PM
    I love my pixel 128gb. I wouldn't hesitate to due it again. The only thing that interest me at all is the iPhone 7, that phone feels more durable to me, and it interacts with everything (and every one) at work more effectively. The only thing I wish is that I would have been able to find one in white.
    dlalonde likes this.
    07-19-2017 10:54 PM
    I still say it is worth it if someone can find a good deal -- I couldn't pay full retail for it at the moment of this post since the Pixel 2 is so near.
    JoshDunc likes this.
    07-20-2017 06:48 PM
41 12