Pixel XL or LG g6?

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Ive an opportunity to buy a week old G6 or a month old 32gb Pixel XL..Difference in price is only about CAD$50. Both are in mint condition. Which one should i go for? While i like the size of lg g6, pixel does get the latest updates faster. But XL sixe is a bit too big.

What do you guys think i should get??

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ive an opportunity to buy a week old G6 or a month old 32gb Pixel XL..Difference in price is only about CAD$50. Both are in mint condition. Which one should i go for? While i like the size of lg g6, pixel does get the latest updates faster. But XL sixe is a bit too big.

What do you guys think i should get??

What's on your priority list for features?

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
-Good camera
-Android UI without too much bloatware - never used lg before ..so not sure of the UI
-Regular android updates
- Ability to use ok google when the screen is off - my voice should wake the phone instead of me pressing the power button to wake the screen and then use ok google

Sent from mTalk

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I always make a list of what's most important to me in a smartphone. If having a smaller device is important, then the LG G6 is definitely the device for you. If you love getting the latest security patches and software updates then the Google Pixel XL is for you 😃

I would personally go for the Google Pixel XL. Love getting the latest security patches.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
-Good camera

Pixel wins.

-Android UI without too much bloatware - never used lg before ..so not sure of the UI

Pixel wins.

-Regular android updates

Pixel wins.

- Ability to use ok google when the screen is off - my voice should wake the phone instead of me pressing the power button to wake the screen and then use ok google

I think both do that. Or both don't do that. so tie? haha.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I have both and agree overall the Pixel camera is better, especially in low light​. Shutter speed is also much better with the Pixel but the G6 is a good camera and has the advantage of having 2 lenses.

vhl71

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
So finally pulled the trigger on Pixel XL. In fact got a good deal - slightly used 32gb XL for about US$230. So couldn't pass up the deal even though I thought the phone is a bit too big for me. Just couldn't resist the deal.

Sent from mTalk

farocco

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
So finally pulled the trigger on Pixel XL. In fact got a good deal - slightly used 32gb XL for about US$230. So couldn't pass up the deal even though I thought the phone is a bit too big for me. Just couldn't resist the deal.

Sent from mTalk

You did get a good deal, got mine today for US380.00