Hi,

My wife's pixel is still stuck in the April update and hard reset didn't help.

I did a google support chat for her just now and google is claiming this is a known issue and they "are working on fixing it".

I am a little skeptical as I don't think I've read news about some pixels having trouble updating, and I think the response I received sounded like can messages. Also, my pixel had no problem updating the day or the day after each update is rolled out.

I'm wondering if anyone is having same issue, or if anyone knows the fix for it? Being lagged behind the security update for 2 months doesn't really feel good, especially when it is a pixel. Also, the fact that I checked her phone for update status is that her phone was one of those that freeze frequently. I initially thought it was her facebook app acting up, but later on read about what June update is supposed to do.

Thanks.
    06-14-2017 05:00 PM
    I'm still waiting on the June update. If it fails to arrive, I'll just sideload it. In the case of your wife's Pixel, you'll want the April update. Installing that update may break the logjam and send the May update, etc. If not, you can sideload each one. OTA downloads are available here. Instructions for sideloading can be found here, although it says for Nexus, it also applies to Pixel phones.
    06-17-2017 11:26 PM