Do I have screen burn in?

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed the bottom control bar and the notification bar have burned into the screen. Are there any fixes for this, or do I need to do a warranty exchange?

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
No. It doesn't work that way.

Not necessarily. If you can get images of different colors (red, blue, lime green, etc) and view them in an app that doesn't show the status or notification bar when viewing, you should be able to see it in certain colors.

I had permanent burn in on my old Galaxy S3, and tried some of those burn in fixer apps (which flashed different colors on the screens to try and fix the issue) and in some colors it was more visible. So if you can do the same with different color images and the right gallery app, then take a screenshot, you should be able to see it.

I know that I've taken screen shots after zooming and aligning an image just right rather than editing and cropping to get the same result, so I don't see why this wouldn't work here as well.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I've decided that I'm going to use inverted colors mode to try and even out the pixel wear over time. When it comes time to upgrade to the next Google phone, I'll do a warranty exchange so I have a fresh model to sell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis