July update

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I decided to manually check for updates and the 70 MB July security update downloaded. It is updating now, so not sure about what might be changing. I have the Verizon purchased XL.

vjfratiani

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So I got an installation error. Was able to work with Google support to clear the error, but my Pixel no longer detects that there is an update available. Apparently this is an issue with the July update to 5-inch Pixel models.

Anyone else have a headphone jack issue with the June update that randomly kicks off the headphone jack until you reboot the device? I hope this update addresses that.

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have problems with Google Assistance? it crash upon calling for it or by holding Home button since July Security update.

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah , I saw that there was an issue with at least one of the July 5 updates as well.
I had issues with it as well, as shown in the above link.
Looks like the T-mobile/Fi July 5 update now has been pulled

I wonder if they also pulled the Pixel XL July update. Well, I won't expect it until the end of the month.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if they also pulled the Pixel XL July update. Well, I won't expect it until the end of the month.

I don't think the XL has had any issues , just the sailfish from what I read

I think it just affects the Pixel(sailfish) on T-Mobile, Fi carriers , the NKG47M build

Last edited:

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I am on Verizon and still no update yet on the XL

Sorry if it is a silly question, but are you just waiting on the update to show itself, or are you going into the phone settings and manually checking for it? That is how I got mine on the 5th.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze