Coming from another phone, do you feel like the screen is small?

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I came to the Pixel from the S7. I'm of course loving the software experience but I feel like the screen seems small (even if there's only .1 inch of difference). I didn't get the XL because I wanted the 128 GB model.

Did anyone else get that feeling at first?

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I came from the LG G5 at 5.3 inches to the Pixel and haven't regretted it.

I was so worried that I nearly sprung for the XL, but I'm glad I didn't. It's nice to back in the 5 inch phone form factor.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I hate big phones so I was thrilled a fully speced 5 inch Google phone would be available. Heck that alone was enough to swallow the price tag for me

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I have the 5" Pixel and it was GREAT! Absolutely no complaints with it. I currently have the LG G6 and Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. There are times where I miss the Pixel. Lol

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I don't regret it either, I chose the non-XL because I don't like big phones either. I think it's the resolution that better on the Pixel that requires some getting used to. It's not a bad thing but it's something to get used to. Like I said it's only .1 inch of difference with the S7 it's not THAT much! :p

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I like the size of the Pixel - came from a Z Force Droid - it was too big for me. Nice thing about the many size choices is you can get one to suit you.

odin09

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
The size was what made me get it. I need something that fits in my shirt pocket at work and this is perfect. At first coming from my htc 10 the .2 inches was very noticable. Now I'm used to it and love it.

anon(10271520)

Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
The on screen buttons along with with the white backdrop on the dock make a difference in making the screen seem smaller when coming from the S7.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I am just finishing setting up my XL this afternoon. I came over from a Samsung S5 (had for 2.5 years) and I can see a world of difference already. I'm not even talking about the experiences yet, just the whole feel and look of it. I am 6'2" with pretty big hands so this phone works beautifully for me. Nice big, bright screen.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I just returned to the Pixel XL from the S8+. After having a 6.2" screen, the XL is too small for me now.

Ah I'm glad that I'm not alone.

I think the screen size has something to do with it too. Not the physical one but the one in the settings where you can choose to have more or less information displayed and you can decide how big fonts appear. Maybe Samsung has those set to bigger whereas the Pixel seems smaller. I tried making it bigger on my Pixel and I think that might be it (although I went back to default as I think it looks better).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae