I am a Nexus 6P owner and I need a new phone. My 6P is a recovering water (washing machine) victim. There are no noticeable affects from that bath. The battery has the 15%/cold temperature automatic/fast shutdown issue. Also, the battery capacity is about 85% (barely gets through 8 hours.) The screen has 3 faint bars (burn-in issue.) However, I purchased the Pixel XL with mixed hopes (it looked mainstream from the photos and I didn't like the fact that it was smaller than my 6P height-wise but thicker (width-wise.) I was willing to give it a chance. I bought the Pixel XL on Monday with overnight shipping and received it today. I unboxed it, held it in my hand for about 10 seconds and looked at it for another 10 more seconds. All I could think was how it didn't feel like my Nexus 6P. It wasn't my Nexus 6P. So I packed it up and filed for a return and I am on my way to FedEx now.....

This is for the Nexus lovers out there
    08-09-2017 04:14 PM
    Getting another 6P then?
    TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    08-09-2017 04:30 PM
    It’s like expecting 2 cars from different makes to drive exactly the same

And 20 seconds isn’t much of a fair chance, IMO. I believe you should’ve used the two weeks trial to make your mind.
    chanchan05 likes this.
    08-09-2017 05:51 PM
    Getting another 6P then?
    I was trying to get a deal on a refurbished one but haven't had any luck...

but I may wait for the Pixel XL 2 (the leaked photos look extremely similar to the design of the 6P)
    i also like the waterproofing, don't care about the lack of a 3.5mm jack
    I'll give it a good 10 seconds LoL
    Aquila likes this.
    08-09-2017 06:14 PM
    It’s like expecting 2 cars from different makes to drive exactly the same

And 20 seconds isn’t much of a fair chance, IMO. I believe you should’ve used the two weeks trial to make your mind.
    my anxiety wouldn't let me go pass 20 seconds. I watched all the videos and kept looking at the Pixel and I kind of knew I wouldn't like it based of the visuals and the dimensions but I just had to hold it, to verify what I was already thinking
    08-09-2017 06:15 PM
    The software is going to be identical to your Nexus so it wouldn't have been much different in that regard. If you like the Nexus hardware then keep using it!
    08-09-2017 06:19 PM
    I think you'll like the new XL
    AnnDroid likes this.
    08-09-2017 06:26 PM
    The software is going to be identical to your Nexus so it wouldn't have been much different in that regard. If you like the Nexus hardware then keep using it!
    yea, it simply came down to design and feel and I wasn't ready to part ways with my 6P, I tried once with an LG G6 and that experiment lasted 2 weeks...the G6 was nice but too small, I couldn't get comfortable with it..
    08-09-2017 08:08 PM
    I came from a Samsung Galaxy S5 to a Pixel XL. I loved the feel and size of the S5, but I also love the feel and (bigger) size of the XL. It all comes down to personal preference when choosing the right phone for you, and with all due respect you needed to give it more than a few seconds in your hand before saying "I don't like it". You didn't even give the Pixel a chance, but it also seems like you had already made up your mind that you weren't going to like it before you even got it.

Hopefully your 6P hangs on a little longer for you to help get you through the next couple of months until you can try out the Pixel 2.
    fludkilla and AXEL314 like this.
    08-10-2017 06:49 AM
    I am a Nexus 6P owner and I need a new phone. My 6P is a recovering water (washing machine) victim. There are no noticeable affects from that bath. The battery has the 15%/cold temperature automatic/fast shutdown issue. Also, the battery capacity is about 85% (barely gets through 8 hours.) The screen has 3 faint bars (burn-in issue.) However, I purchased the Pixel XL with mixed hopes (it looked mainstream from the photos and I didn't like the fact that it was smaller than my 6P height-wise but thicker (width-wise.) I was willing to give it a chance. I bought the Pixel XL on Monday with overnight shipping and received it today. I unboxed it, held it in my hand for about 10 seconds and looked at it for another 10 more seconds. All I could think was how it didn't feel like my Nexus 6P. It wasn't my Nexus 6P. So I packed it up and filed for a return and I am on my way to FedEx now.....

This is for the Nexus lovers out there
    You can pick up a used 6P for a good price on swappa....

https://swappa.com/buy/nexus-6p-unlo...cUvbUpU5918919
    Aquila likes this.
    08-10-2017 07:43 AM
    Def should of gave it a chance. When I first got it I didnt have a case for about 3 days and it is so damn slippery. Like I get it some parts and pieces have to be certain materials but cmon man, we have technology lol I really fell in love when I got a clear case for my black xl. I did the samething with the S8/+. That shyte is just too elongated. Feels like I should be taking that thing out of a holster.
    08-10-2017 08:36 AM
    Thanks for sharing. For some people a phone has to be the right color, for others it has to sound good, etc. I agree with you about the feel of a phone. For me it has to feel right, ie. width, height and texture. Hope you get what you are looking for.
    08-11-2017 02:46 AM
    You didn't even try the amazing camera. 6p is obnoxiously slow when taking pics. Pixel is so fast and you won't miss a shot. You have 15 days to try it out.
    08-11-2017 10:24 AM
    I had a Nexus 5x running Android 8 beta. I got a Pixel. Now my nephew has a Nexus 5x and loves it. Once I got a case for my Pixel I'm delighted with it.
    08-16-2017 05:59 AM