How do you customize the google messenger app with a pixel phone

A

AC Question

Instead of the white background, I'd like to customize it with a photo.

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
You can customize the color for each chat, but not the background (at least not that I see in settings). If thats something you need, I suggest finding a texting app that will do that.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm disappointed that you can't pull down the pop up notification for Textra like a regular notification or use the Android quick reply that is built in to the system. I used to use Textra for a few years but these quirks drove me away. Now I'm happy with just plain Android messages

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm disappointed that you can't pull down the pop up notification for Textra like a regular notification or use the Android quick reply that is built in to the system. I used to use Textra for a few years but these quirks drove me away. Now I'm happy with just plain Android messages
That's odd. I can do a reply right from the notification shade with Textra.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
That's odd. I can do a reply right from the notification shade with Textra.
From the shade yes, but with Android messages when you have the phone open and the pop up comes over the top of the screen, it has the reply button right there and you type over whatever you were already doing and then it sends and just disappears. Unless Textra has changed this within the last few months since I've used it the options were to open the whole app or textra's own partial app pop up to reply.

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
From the shade yes, but with Android messages when you have the phone open and the pop up comes over the top of the screen, it has the reply button right there and you type over whatever you were already doing and then it sends and just disappears. Unless Textra has changed this within the last few months since I've used it the options were to open the whole app or textra's own partial app pop up to reply.
Ah...Ok. I really haven't used messages that much. May have to try it out again just to see what's new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech