Pixel Launcher Draining Battery

A

AC Question

My Pixel battery is draining very fast. Battery usage indicates that the Pixel Launcher is using 25% of battery life.

Any ideas why?

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
First thought is examine any 3rd party widgets you may have, checking for updates for them and restarting thereafter to see if things settle down.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
^^ This. So much this. Everyone is quick to jump on those cool apps with the great looking widgets that always keep in touch with the mother ship. I want to know what's going on with CNN and I want it up to the minute. Well, that widget has to keep the power on in order to update so quickly.

As muzzy says, check your widgets. Update them if possible. If not, then start removing them one at a time (remove one, restart, wait). Once you get to the point where the launcher is not draining your battery any more, you will know what widget was responsible. Send the author feedback on that and hope they can fix it.

fludkilla

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Another cool way of doing what @muzzy996 & @can3gxw said is too activate developer options on your pixel! Once you do this you can view running processes and gander at what apps are running and the running times of each process/app. For example. I had the official reddit app for about 2 weeks and realized it was basically almost always running. So after some research and coming to the conclusion that the mobile site is better for me I uninstalled it. I use audible or google play music all day at work (8-9) hours and I can literally get 24-30+ hours. I use my phone for a lot of other things but I didnt want to get crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy