Picture in picture (pip) not working

Joe Vile

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
All apps that support it are checked Chrome, WhatsApp, YouTube etc but I CANNOT get it working.
Can anyone shed any light? TIA

Daniel Padilla

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Google support says they are working on the problem. Also said to get it to work on YouTube, you need a Red subscription.

lewwill

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Does this help?

Troubleshooting Picture-in-Picture (PiP) Issues on Android 8.0 Oreo
by Orrin - Pixel Community Manager Aug 22

ADD A REPLY
Hey All,

We want to include some extra information about one of the newest Android features, Picture in Picture (PiP)!
Using picture-in-picture:
How to keep watching a video and use a different app depends on the video app.
On your device, open an app and play a video.
Depending on the video app, either:
Tap Home Home.
Tap Picture-in-picture Picture-in-picture.
To close the video, drag the video off the bottom of the screen.
You can drag the video window anywhere on the screen. To make the video big again, tap the video and then Full screen Full screen.

If you cannot access PiP, here are a few things to keep in mind:
A YouTube Red subscription is required for PiP to work with the YouTube app. Currently YouTube Red is only available in select countries
You can play a non-youtube video in Chrome or a preview of a movie in Play movies and use PiP
For Chrome, PiP works with videos playing from sites when the video is playing in the fullscreen mode
Make sure the app you are using supports PiP. Some first party apps that are supported include Duo, Play Movies, Maps, Chrome
If you have checked the information above, please follow these troubleshooting steps:
Clear app cache for the specific app
Boot your device in safe mode and test
Contact our support team either through the settings menu, or by clicking "Contact us" in the upper right-hand corner of the help center
Let us know how it goes!

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't use Chrome, Duo or WhatsApp, etc., and I don't subscribe to YouTube Red. Basically, in my case, PIP is pretty much a non-feature. I'm aware of this so I'm not really expecting anything much from this highly touted feature. That said, I have a feeling that there will likely be a number of very annoyed people who will have expected this feature to "just work."

btt1725

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Open chrome, put YouTube.com, on top right 3 dots click and choose request desktop site, pick video to watch and start video and then full screen and then click home button and there you go picture in picture without having YouTube red

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie