Thx, I'll give it a shot.
    09-11-2017 09:03 PM
    Sorry, didn't mean to include that screenshot twice! Typical day's usage and typical battery life for me, but there are so many factors that affect the battery life that comparing one person's figures to somebody else's is pretty meaningless.
    thats bad battery try resetting your phone. i bet you it will be well worth it
    09-12-2017 09:29 AM
    This is bad. 4 mins of screen time and unplugged under 1 hour ago
    Attached Thumbnails Battery life after Oreo-155128.jpg  
    09-13-2017 06:53 AM
    I noticed really bad battery life at first. When looking at app usage, though, I noticed that Oreo now lets you disable/limit background activity for individual apps under "manage battery use" (I don't think this was the case before). I disabled it for Facebook, Instagram, and a couple of other culprits, and now my battery estimate says 1 day, 4 hours left after being off charger for 5h 17min. Still need to see how it holds up, but I'm now optimistic.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-13-2017 10:41 AM
    Anyone know a reason why my battery would say 23% but then I go into advance battery usage and it shows 40%?
    09-13-2017 03:26 PM
    So I can definitely say my battery life sucks after the Oreo update. I forgot my Pixel XL at home today on my coffee table. I have a strong network signal, and it's been connected to WiFi all day. Last checked the phone at like 6:45am, just looked on Find My Device and it indicates there's 87% battery left now at 3:16pm. Like it's done NOTHING all day but somehow drained 13% just sitting on the table?

I have already reset my phone and restored from backup. I hope this issue is cleared up in a future Oreo update.
    09-18-2017 02:17 PM
    if you are on the preview program that could be the culprit as there is no Android P program yet. I had the same issues, as soon as I read. about that on another part I found I was indeed still on the preview program. unsubscribed, it rebooted, reloaded the pixel os and I'm good to go, no more hot phone extended battery. hope this helps
    09-20-2017 01:17 PM
    My battery life is decent but I'm confused on why Google Play Services would be using more battery than my screen. This was on a day where I had clear LTE all day. The only time I used the phone was a couple texts, 1 phone call, and the rest was playing Crashlands.

09-20-2017 07:47 PM
    Mine has been really bad also. I did a factory reset and it is better but us still draining faster than before the Oreo update. Very disappointing! I'm considering reverting back to previous version of Android. I can't really see any new features in Oreo worth tolerating this reduction in battery life.
    09-21-2017 08:47 AM
    I can't complain. This is without a post-install factory update. And, admittedly, this has been a light usage day.

DMP89145 likes this.
    09-21-2017 07:09 PM
    I can't compare Oreo to Nougat since I just got the Pixel 3 weeks ago and Oreo has been on it since day 1. However, it did seem that battery life on Oreo improved after I finally got the Sep security update a week ago. It was a much larger download compared to the update on my Pixel C, so I'm thinking there were bug fixes and improvements also.

Has anyone else noticed this?
    09-22-2017 09:08 AM
    I've got the same problem. Battery used to go all day and into the evening on a single charge. If I gamed on the train ride home, I could expect it to be pretty dead by the time dinner rolled around.

Now?

Pulled it off the charger at 5:30am. At 11:30 it hit 15%. That's listening to MP3s on the train and subsequent walk to work (2hrs) and a few texts.
    09-22-2017 10:47 AM
    I've also had awful battery life since the Update. When I check to see which apps are using it up, it says the Clock is. How can this be?
    09-23-2017 08:21 PM
    I've also had awful battery life since the Update. When I check to see which apps are using it up, it says the Clock is. How can this be?
    Lol..sorry, but that one's pretty funny. I'm having same issues and more and am now wondering if this is a ploy for Google to get us to by the Pixel 2 and are doing this intentionally to the 1 phones
    09-23-2017 08:33 PM
    Lol..sorry, but that one's pretty funny. I'm having same issues and more and am now wondering if this is a ploy for Google to get us to by the Pixel 2 and are doing this intentionally to the 1 phones
    Wow, never thought about that. I sure hope it's not true. I do want a Pixel 2 but I'm hoping to sell my first Pixel to recoup a little money. I sure hope Google is not sabotaging my Pixel. Also, if the 2 is not enough of an upgrade to justify the price, I'd like to stick with my current Pixel. It'd be easier to keep if it worked correctly though. So far, my Pixel has been fine after the update. I just hope it stays that way.
    09-23-2017 10:00 PM
    I've turned off all my Google notifications last night and my battery has gone back to what I had before this upgrade.

hopefully I've sorted the issue which has been making me wonder where's my 14-16 battery life gone to 6-8 hours.
    Yesterday 02:23 PM
    This is crazy. I restarted the phone last night while plugged in to the charger (after draining down to <5%). Used it as usual today, and now after a little more than 3 hours of screen on time, it's only down to 54%. And the app using the most is Facebook 10% and Nova launcher 8%. No mention of the Clock at all. I'm pleased it seems to be back to normal, but totally confused about what happened.
    Yesterday 09:18 PM
67 123