Pixel Still a Viable Option? Gotta get Phone By September 10.

CF-105

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone.
Yes, I do realize you are all Pixel fans, but I'm in a bit of a bind in that I am traveling Sept 10, and I need to have a new phone before I go.
My choices through my carrier seem to be iPhone 7 plus, Galaxy S8+ or Pixel XL. Priorities for me are good Bluetooth (never an issue until my last iPhone, which was a disaster), very good camera and all around good usability. I'm a stock Android fan (I've had a few Moto X's and Z's), but willing to take a chance with Samsung if need be.
So, I'm just wondering how well the Pixel is holding up. I'll likely need it for a year anyway.
Yes, ideally I'd wait for the next Pixel, but that just won't work now.
Thanks in advance!

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Get it. I have been a Samsung user for the past three odd numbered Galaxy phones, and bought my first Google phone a month ago. I love my Pixel XL. I would never go back to Samsung. Add to that you'll be guaranteed to update to Android Phone, and then yet ANOTHER year of security updates. What's not to love?

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I have an S8+ that my wife refused to use. Purchased after we had an issue with her Pixel XL. They overnighted a new one and she couldn't get rid of that S8+ fast enough.

I've tried using it... After 3 days I couldn't stand it. My 11 year old daughter refused it too! My son will use it to watch YouTube while in the car but that's it. My wife has only used Galaxy phones since the SIII. I guess that's the end of that.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm a huge Samsung fan, but the Pixel is a great phone as well, 2 friends have them. Camera is very comparable if shooting in auto, Samsung gives pro mode and additional camera modes.

If you prefer stock Android, there is a good possibility you won't like the way Samsung changes things, best to do is go play with one at the store.

I've seen numerous deals on the Pixel, with the discounts I'd say it is still very much worth it. Even full price it's one of the best phones available still.

CF-105

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, I got an S8+ to try out, loaded all my apps onto it, and isn't the damn thing a bit laggy. Even just reading a newspaper article. Black print on a white screen . Now, admittedly it's done a ton of updates tonight, but it's moving on if it's this bad already.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63