So I updated my Pixel XL to O this morning. I'm now noticing the WI-FI, which was working fine before, is now dropping my wi-fi connection every 10 seconds or so. So frustrating when trying to do stuff like play online games or use the internet. I don't want to use a bunch of my data.

Anybody else having the same problem? Or have some advice?
    08-31-2017 05:44 PM
    I'm a doink! My wi-fi extender just needed a good reset. I connected to my router and it worked fine so it was something with my extender.
    08-31-2017 07:53 PM
    Glad to hear it was something that simple.
    09-01-2017 12:37 AM
    It's doing it again. And I don't think it's my extender since my computer and chromebook connect fine with no dropping. Don't have a clue what is wrong. About to throw my phone out the window and buy a Note 8. Sick of the Pixel problems.
    09-07-2017 06:07 PM
    It's either going to be a Nokia 8 for me or I'm gonna hold out for the 9 which will be coming also
    09-07-2017 06:18 PM
    It's not the extender, or your wifi. I'm having this same issue, with my Pixel XL as well. Laptop, and tablets connect fine and stay connected. The Pixel has always seemed to deliver below average "speeds" from three different test sites, but this latest update has taken the problem to a new level. Even right by my router, I'm getting garbage results.
    09-08-2017 01:22 PM
    P.S. Don't throw the phone out of your window. That'd be a waste of a great camera
    09-08-2017 01:24 PM
    P.S. Don't throw the phone out of your window. That'd be a waste of a great camera������
    Haha yeah not gonna do that :P It's frustrating. I never had the wifi problems with my Pixel until right after the Oreo update. Grrrr. And it connects fine to my main router downstairs. It's just my extender and my Pixel that don't want to cooperate.
    09-08-2017 03:08 PM
    Have you tried changing the channel on the extender? WiFi drop outs usually indicate interference. Try the free WiFi Analyzer app (I've had this on my last three phones, it's legit) to find if there is other stuff nearby on the same channel, and/or see what channel is least-used in your area. I'm having no problems with WiFi on my Pixel XL (I was in the beta).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...analyzer&hl=en
    09-08-2017 04:41 PM
    Haha yeah not gonna do that :P It's frustrating. I never had the wifi problems with my Pixel until right after the Oreo update. Grrrr. And it connects fine to my main router downstairs. It's just my extender and my Pixel that don't want to cooperate.
    Have you tried booting into Safe Mode to see if you have the same problem there? If you don't have the problem in Safe Mode, then it's likely a third party app or apps causing the problem.
    09-08-2017 09:05 PM
    get the Sep security patch. I might have some fix for your issue
    09-12-2017 10:31 AM
    Downloading the Sept patch and the Wi-fi analyzer app. If they don't work I'll try safe mode to see if it's an app.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!
    09-15-2017 06:52 PM
    If the issue is with just the extender, check to see if there is a firmware update for the device.
    09-17-2017 05:20 AM
    Still can't figure this out guys. I've tried everything I can think of. It only drops the signal between my extender and my pixel. My extender and any other device is fine. My main router and my pixel is fine. It just doesn't want to work between my pixel and my extender. So frustrating.
    09-28-2017 12:40 AM
    Did you try changing the channel on the extender as suggested? 1, 6, and 11 (for lower speed A, C, and G) are almost always saturated due to them being the default on almost all consumer grade hardware. 5G stuff uses different frequencies, does your extender extend those too?
    09-28-2017 04:38 PM
    Google Community Manager seeking input on this issue: https://productforums.google.com/for...hone-by-google
    09-28-2017 07:21 PM
    With problems like this, it's always a good idea to begin by "forgetting" the network and then reconnecting to it.

Another option is Settings -> Network & Internet -> [menu] -> Network settings reset. (you will have to re-enter passwords for all your previously saved connections)
    09-29-2017 09:43 AM
    I had this problem as well, beginning with the update to 8.0. I tried literally everything I could find on the internet to fix it. Nothing worked.

I finally found a solution after turning on verbose WiFi logging in Developer Options. I noticed that it was a problem with the DHCP.

I went into my router and set a DHCP Reservation for my Pixel XL. The problem disappeared, and I have had a constant WiFi connection for more than five hours now.

Hopefully it will work for everybody affected by this irritating bug.
    10-15-2017 02:35 PM