Just wondering if any of the Note 7 owners who switched to the Pixel after the Note 7 recall are going back to the Note 8?
    When I first switched after years on the Note line I was pretty underwhelmed, but after using it for nearly a year it grew on me and I was pleasantly surprised- its a solid device.
    I've been using the Note 8 for a day now, and while I feel back at home, I'm looking forward to the new Pixels coming out. If the S-pen wasn't such a necessity for me, I'd actually stay with the Pixel without a doubt... Now I just feel torn!
    09-07-2017 10:37 AM
    If you want your OS and security updates regularly, stick with the Pixel. Samsung updates are not too bad in Europe and Asia, but the carriers in USA and Canada suck bad when it comes to providing timely updates.
    dmoz47 likes this.
    09-07-2017 10:54 AM
    NO NO NO Never
    09-07-2017 11:31 AM
    NO NO NO Never
    Anyone moving to the Note 8?-now-tell-us-how-you-really-feel.jpg
    09-07-2017 01:07 PM
    the price of the pixel XL was bad enough but the note 8 is going to much for me. I had a note 4 and loved it but I've grown spoiled with the quick updates. I think I might sick with my pixel XL for a long while.
    09-07-2017 01:13 PM
    Nope. Haven't even moved to Oreo yet. Refuse to live without certain root apps so there's no way I'm going to jump back into Samsung or any other device line than the pixel lineup.
    09-07-2017 01:24 PM
    Samsung does make lovely hardware. However, in my opinion, pretty is as pretty does... I hate the TouchWiz launcher and I detest Samsung's moving toward the Tizen OS, but I could look past those things. What I can't look past is the way Samsung cedes control of updates to carriers.

The Note 8 sports Nougat, not Oreo. Owners of the phone will have to wait for Samsung to "customize" Oreo (add junk/bloat) prior to releasing it to carriers who will then further "customize" the OS prior to releasing it to their customers, which will most likely occur at approximately the same time that rumors start flying about the (by then) pending release of 9.0 beta.

Thanks, but no thanks. I've had enough of being held hostage by carriers who, if you decide to leave them, will carrier unlock your carrier-branded phone but it may never work quite right on any other carrier. To add insult to injury, that uber-expensive device will most likely be incapable of receiving another security and/or OS update if moved to another carrier. Nope. In order to receive an OTA update to its "carrier-customized" proprietary software it will need to be connected to that carrier's network via that carrier's active SIM card.
    09-07-2017 04:26 PM
    If I had the money I would. I'm getting tired of my Pixel XL. Too many problems. Never had any with the Note series.
    09-07-2017 06:03 PM
    If I had the money I would. I'm getting tired of my Pixel XL. Too many problems. Never had any with the Note series.
    I feel for people who've been plagued with problems. Other than carrier specific issues my Pixel XL has been absolutely trouble free.

TBH though, I don't take updates frequently. I'm still on 7.1.1 and firmware that's several months back so that most likely factors into things.
    09-07-2017 07:19 PM
    I would like to move back. I really miss the s-pen. However, the price for the note 8 is crazy, and while I love Samsung phones, I hate all the duplicate apps that they have. it really clutters things up. I do love the Samsung calculator, clock system, and calendar though. I would use those on my pixel if I could get them as apps. I could deal with the bloat. But their constant competition with Google gets a little ridiculous.

I think it would also be hard to have to actually worry about storage space. I take a lot of photos, and with the pixel I never have to worry about how much storage I have.

While instant updates are nice, Samsung is already running most of the features the next android version or two will be pushing out.
    Dominator81 likes this.
    09-09-2017 10:39 AM
    Two things keep me on google experience devices:
    1. Google Fi
    2. Updates

Honestly id rather switch back to an iphone rather than go the samsung route. Samsung does make some beautiful hardware but until they get the update thing figured out there is no way i would ave a samsung phone.
    09-09-2017 08:41 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Now tell us how you really feel.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	267577
    I feel really bloated
    09-12-2017 11:07 AM