Recently my rear camera has started producing blurry photos. I have the usual reboot, safe mode, clean etc.

I don't know own if it's the camera of the laser autofocus.

Anyone shed any light on this?

I've attached a picture from my rear camera and the same from my front.

09-08-2017 02:44 PM
    OK flip your camera over. See the big oval with the flash and the lens? Wipe that off (obviously). Now go to the smaller oval just to the right of it. That's the autofocus sensor. Wipe that off. Are you using a case? If so, the cutout for that autofocus sensor may be too small. See if you have the same problem after removing your case. If so, trim the oval a bit bigger and try putting the case back on.
    09-08-2017 04:08 PM
    I tried that and it had no effect
    09-10-2017 03:27 AM
    You didn't give details but it looks like it was shot in low light. Could it be old-fashioned camera shake? After 55 years with cameras I held against my face--except for one twin-lens reflex--I have a lot of difficulty holding the phone steady out away from my body.

Set the camera on a beanbag, or towel, or something else and use the timer to fire a shot without you holding the camera and see how it looks.
    09-10-2017 05:06 AM
    I've had this same issue the past few months. Sometimes the camera won't auto focus for a couple days, then it will start working again like normal. I contacted Google support and they went through a whole trouble shooting sequence with me but nothing fixed it. I was almost ready to do a warranty, but it would be for a refurbished phone and I didn't want that. It has been better lately and I'm ok for now. Sometimes it would even click to focus like it was a hardware issue. Just letting you know you're not alone.
    09-10-2017 07:13 AM
    You didn't give details but it looks like it was shot in low light. Could it be old-fashioned camera shake? After 55 years with cameras I held against my face--except for one twin-lens reflex--I have a lot of difficulty holding the phone steady out away from my body.

Set the camera on a beanbag, or towel, or something else and use the timer to fire a shot without you holding the camera and see how it looks.
    I see your point but I doubt that is the issue. You get the same image when shooting video.

It is almost like the camera is dirty
    09-10-2017 02:29 PM
    I see your point but I doubt that is the issue. You get the same image when shooting video.

It is almost like the camera is dirty
    have you tried clearing data and cache of camera app?
    09-12-2017 10:06 AM