I am aware that there is a thread running now on this topic as it applies to VZW. This is for T-Mobile.

I updated to Oreo as soon as T-Mobile pushed it. Then, I did a factory reset - b/c I am old-school and want a fresh install. Everything worked perfectly. Until yesterday.

Late yesterday afternoon I began to not receive texts and my ability to send was sporadic. I use Textra as my texting app. I have never had a single issue until now.

This afternoon, after not being able to connect with family members reliably, I restarted my phone. I typically restart every few days as a matter of course, but did it today to see if it would change anything.

A bunch of text came flooding in. A few totally out of temporal sequence. Weird!

Any other T-Mo customers seeing the same thing on Oreo?
    09-11-2017 03:40 PM
    Are you getting the messages on the stock messaging app? There's a switch for T-Mobile on Textra, but I think this only applied for MMS. Also, do you use DIGITS? If so, try turning it off (and back on if needed) or turning WiFi calling on/off.
    09-12-2017 02:44 AM
    It seems to be working now. I'll report back if it breaks again.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    09-13-2017 11:05 AM
    For me it seems to 'break' whenever I travel. So as soon as I go into roaming or come back from it, it 'breaks' messaging for 3rd party apps. I have to turn WiFi calling on, then off, and then I get them back.
    09-18-2017 03:57 PM
    Interesting observation.

When SMS broke for me, causing my original post, I was traveling.
    09-18-2017 05:00 PM
    Yeah, it's been so consistent that on my last trip I didn't even check, I just did it at the airport when I arrived and as soon as I got out of the plane when I got back.
    09-18-2017 05:53 PM
    SMS stopped working again yesterday. I was unaware that I wasn't receiving texts until later in the day. I restarted my phone and then about a dozen texts came flooding in. Never seen anything like this. The only change? Oreo. I wasn't traveling this time.
    10-01-2017 07:47 PM
    I'm on Project Fi and just today I'm noticing sms is coming in but my notifications just disappear after a handful of seconds. If I'm not at my phone to hear or see the initial notification I would have no idea I received a message until I open the app. It was happening with both Android Messages and Textra.
    10-01-2017 09:38 PM
    SMS stopped working again yesterday. I was unaware that I wasn't receiving texts until later in the day. I restarted my phone and then about a dozen texts came flooding in. Never seen anything like this. The only change? Oreo. I wasn't traveling this time.
    This is happening to me as well with no travel involved. I usually don't realize it until someone sees me and asks why I haven't texted them back. In addition though I also don't receive calls. But as soon as I restart my phone there are texts, voice mails and missed calls. Find anything on this?
    10-20-2017 02:18 PM
    I haven't had this happen to me,running Oreo , stock messenger app .
    I'm on Tmobile as well. I haven't been on any road trips since on Oreo.
    10-20-2017 09:36 PM
    This happened to me only once, about a day before I got the October security update. Restarted my phone and haven't had the issue since (fingers crossed). On TMobile.

Also it appears a fix for the issue will be coming with the November security update.
    10-21-2017 06:00 PM