Lots of threads around on this in various places, but none seem to be identical to mine.

I'm in Canada, running Nova Launcher.

I do NOT get voicemail notifications. Checked the "voicemail" settings under PHONE, and all of the notifications are enabled, sounds, etc...

Every other phone I've had, I would get an SMS telling me I have a new voicemail and then the cassette tape type of icon in my notification bar.

Looking for some help - had my Pixel XL for about 6 weeks and just now getting around to try to solve this. I don't get a lot of voicemails, so I'd rather not have to keep checking manually all the time.
    09-14-2017 11:53 AM
    i hope you are not using google voice. if not
    clear data cache of phone app. keep in mind that you will lose your call history.

this sounds like an sms not receiving issue that i saw someone created here.
    have you looked in to those options?
    09-14-2017 12:34 PM
    I am not using GV. It isn't here in Canada (officially, anyway).

I have not tried clearing my phone cache - I have my calls backed up anyway, and really I don't care so much if they are gone.

I have zero problem receiving SMS messages. I'll try clearing the cache and data and see what happens.
    09-14-2017 01:42 PM
    Ya... still no change. Left myself a voicemail from a landline (obviously, in case anyone asks) and even after 10 minutes still no notification. Very strange...
    09-14-2017 01:53 PM
    Ya... still no change
    Voicemail is controlled/provided by your carrier. Have you checked with them to see if they're having a problem?
    09-14-2017 01:58 PM
    I have had the Pixel XL since February and I have never received a Voicemail notification. In am on Verizon but didn't think to see if Verizon Voicemail was an option. In my Phone app I go to the voicemail symbol and see all the voicemails I have missed every time. I think this is more of a software issue with the Phone app and have been going for an update all this time.
    Had anyone checked Google's forums or reported it to Google? I have not. I just try and look for voicemails whenever I miss a call
    09-19-2017 12:47 AM
    I disabled my AT&T voice mail using a conditional call forwarding code. I forward all my voicemail to GoogleVoice. This way you get integrated voicemail on Android with transcribing and it can send voicemails to email.

This is the code for AT&T/Cricket: **004*phonenumber#
    09-30-2017 08:07 AM
    I figured it all out. Called my carrier and my corporate line was originally assigned to an iPhone. It had visual voicemail on it which is why it didn't work with my Pixel. They changed the voicemail and now all is working as it should.
    09-30-2017 11:44 AM