If you purchase the unlocked Google pixel from the Google Website does everything work on Verizon by everything I mean wifi calling HD calling Visual Voicemail all that good stuff?
    09-23-2017 03:22 PM
    I got an unlocked one from the Google website. I use AT&T, and I don't seem to have access to standard features such as these. however, hopefully someone else can comment on this as well.
    09-23-2017 03:44 PM
    From what has been posted on these forums it appears that a phone purchased directly from Google will work as well on Verizon as one purchased from Verizon.

AT&T, on the other hand, reserves some features solely for AT&T branded phones, despite the capability of non-AT&T branded phones to utilize those same features. The only exception to that policy appears to be the iPhone.
    09-23-2017 11:18 PM
    ok that's what I heard but just wanted to confirm it
    09-25-2017 12:42 PM
    Any Pixel has the full feature set if you use it on Verizon, and TMobile. You however do not get the full features on AT&T, or Sprint.
    09-26-2017 08:17 AM
    I switched to Verizon from AT&T and I can confirm the phone fully works on Verizon and you only get LTE on AT&T. WiFi calling, VoLTE, etc does not work on AT&T. The phone will change which version of Android you're using as well. When I switched, the phone prompted me to download Verizon's version if Oreo
    09-27-2017 05:16 AM
    I'm fairly new to phones and have worked my way through a few learning as I go. I have always bought "unlocked" phones and never had a contract for service with any cellular provider.

I bought phones and then put a Telcel SIM in the phone to get service. This was true when I had a Windows phone and when I switched to Android. I've had phones in the past that I bought "unlocked" from Telcel did have some apps that were Telcel related. They were mostly promos and advertising.

My last few phones have been purchased through Amazon and are "unlocked". I buy a Telcel SIM for $12 and I'm good to go with no apps, no specific Telcel services beyond the cell towers. I've never heard of Telcel providing their own version of the Android operating system.

I am assuming that if I went in today and got a discounted Samsung S8 from the Telcel store and it came with a contract for service I'd be in a whole different world with Samsung bloat and Telcel bloat and added Samsung features and added Telcel features and a different version of Android.

Am I on the right track here or am I making invalid assumptions?
    09-27-2017 05:47 AM