Bluetooth fades out and in with music and map directions

ACFred

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
Hi there,
I have a Chevy Bolt and whenever I connect it to my Pixel via Bluetooth, the audio is great, but between songs (sort of) and between Google Map directions, the audio fades out and then back in.

I'm trying to figure out how to remove the fade altogether. Is it possible? Is this just inherent to Bluetooth or is it specific to the Pixel or is it a Bolt thing?

For songs it's just annoying, but for directions it's a giant pain in the butt, since I could miss half of an instruction by the time the audio fades in.

Thanks for any help.

Alec

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you clarify -- are you saying that sometimes, when the music fades in, it actually does so before the nav instruction has finished?

ACFred

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
Hey Diddy. Sorry for being unclear. I'll try to remedy that.
The fading between music and nav are two separate events. Same behavior, but separate events.
While listening to music via Bluetooth, piped in from my phone, between each song the Bluetooth fades out and then back in.
Similarly, if I'm piping my phone navigation through Bluetooth, the nav voice will give a command, but I only hear part of it because there's a fade-in during each command.

I'd think it was some sort of energy-saving feature of the car, and maybe it is, but when I have an album that has no apparent pauses between songs (I know there might be an inaudible digital signal to identify a song change), I still get the fading out and in.

I hope that's a little clearer, but definitely let me know if you need more information. I'm also going to keep digging on the Bolt side of things.

Thanks,
Alec

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I see now. That doesn't normally happen with Bluetooth -- I've never noticed that on my Bluetooth headphones, speakers, or the system in my car. It's probably specific to the Bolt's system. Not sure how responsive they are, but you could try reaching out to Chevy's tech support team.

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I have been having the same issue with Pixel and the wife's 2014 Ford Escape. Her Moto E4 doesn't do it. My Pixel doesn't do it with my 2015 Ford Explorer just her Escape. I did a master reset on the Escape last night. Will let you know if it solves the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci