USB Issues

vaniir

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me here. I've read through this page:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/g...779419-pixel-computer-via-usb-port-issue.html

And I tried updating the driver but my issue is still there. What is happening is this:

I have a folder called "audio" that I store my music (MP3s) in. There's about a dozen folders in there with various genres of music. In the root of "audio" are all my playlists (M3U files).

I have an identical folder on my PC so when I want to add/remove songs from playlists, I usually do it on the PC then just copy over the M3U files. This worked like a champ on my old Droid Turbo 2 for years. I recently upgraded to a Pixel XL and the initial copying of the audio folder went just fine.

I recently updated a few of the playlists. I copied over some new MP3 files just fine but when I started copying over the M3U files, I started having issues.

I get the normal Windows "these files will be replaced" blah blah blah message, I click on copy anyways and the copy process starts. It looks like everything is going fine and then suddenly I get a message that the Pixel XL is no longer connected to the PC. I can still see it in My Computer and can still see the contents but the copy fails. I can drag down the USB connection options on the phone and change it to "charge" and then back to "transfer files" and the PC and phone act like normal. It lets me delete some of the playlists just fine but when I go to copy them back, it does the same thing.

Anyone have any ideas??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, make sure the phone's USB port is clear of any debris -- use a can of compressed air to blow it out. If that doesn't help, try different USB ports on the PC. If that also doesn't help, try a different USB cable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12