Pixel 8.1 headphone jack+mic issue

Lxstation

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
The headphone jack stopped working as well as any audio recording. Calls crash the phone and cause it to restart. Bluetooth connectivity gets wonky and slows my phone, but whenever i restart my phone all of the above starts working perfectly fine until it slowly reverts back. I've tried factory resetting but the issues are still there.

Has anyone also encountered these issues?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The fact that it works fine after a reset is a strong indication that you have a bad app on your phone.

I would be especially leery of non-mainstream games, utilities, and launchers.

What sort of Bluetooth devices do you have configured?

Lxstation

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
The fact that it works fine after a reset is a strong indication that you have a bad app on your phone.

I would be especially leery of non-mainstream games, utilities, and launchers.

What sort of Bluetooth devices do you have configured?

Just a couple things like wireless headphones and car speakers. They've worked fine before. I'll try uninstalling some apps and see if it helps

Lxstation

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
I've uninstalled everything i could and still phone calls restart my phone and anything audio wont record. These things still work for the first 30 mins after a restart

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just a couple things like wireless headphones and car speakers. They've worked fine before. I'll try uninstalling some apps and see if it helps

Don't forget, if you do not actually power off those Bluetooth devices, your phone may be connecting to them whenever they are in range (typically about 33 feet with newer devices)...

Lxstation

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I made sure all Bluetooth devices were turned off and nothing really changed. I hear the stock phone app has been causing similar problems so I'll wait out for a new update.

These problems really started a week after I had gotten 8.1.

Thanks for the help!

Apr 23, 2018
Visit site
Yeah I made sure all Bluetooth devices were turned off and nothing really changed. I hear the stock phone app has been causing similar problems so I'll wait out for a new update.

These problems really started a week after I had gotten 8.1.

Thanks for the help!

The same thing has been happening to me. I did factory reset deleted all apps but Snapchat and WhatsApp and I got the same problem still. I have contacted Google multiple times and they won't admit it is the 8.1.0. they keep saying is a third party app since in safe mode everything works fine.

Really hoping to get an update or a fix here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1