Why do my old and deleted SMS twitter messages keep reappear

DMMarlowe

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a Pixel, Android 8.1.0. I prefer to receive tweets via SMS. I will read and delete the entire conversation a message at a time after I have read them. Later (it could be hours, or a couple of days) the ones I have read, plus others I have not previously seen reappear from several days back. They are time stamped from when they originally came in. Sometimes I get as many as six days worth. This does not happen with any other conversation stream other than Twitter. I have asked Google and they say to ask Twitter. I have asked Twitter and just get the run around with the support bot.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem just come up recently. Suddenly a bunch of Twitter texts sent to me and I sent going back months suddenly including 1 from that day. 8 don't know why they were resent to me. I just answered the one DAM Twitter text sent to me and deleted all

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a Pixel, Android 8.1.0. I prefer to receive tweets via SMS. I will read and delete the entire conversation a message at a time after I have read them. Later (it could be hours, or a couple of days) the ones I have read, plus others I have not previously seen reappear from several days back. They are time stamped from when they originally came in. Sometimes I get as many as six days worth. This does not happen with any other conversation stream other than Twitter. I have asked Google and they say to ask Twitter. I have asked Twitter and just get the run around with the support bot.
What SMS app do you use? Does that app by chance have an archive feature that is restoring "lost" messages?

You say it doesn't happen with other conversations, but I'm not clear - do you delete those too?

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes - I would be interested to know what app the OP is using. It sounds like some auto-backup/restore feature. Possibly a carrier app like Verizon's Messages+?