The battery on my original Pixel within the last week has started draining very fast.

Last night I charged it to 100% and went to bed without using it, this morning it was at 71% with System and Phone Idle using most of the battery. I could not find a single app that was over 1% power usage.

I uninstalled some apps and turned off AOD, charged it back up to 100% and let it sit for an hour.

57 minutes after it was unplugged with screen not being turned on for a second it was down 10%. Is anyone else experiencing this or have any idea what may be causing it.

Pixel Battery Issues-screenshot_20180207-111203.jpg
    02-07-2018 11:06 AM
    Your "app usage" data is at 66% so something is running in the background. I use the "All-in-One Toolbox" app set on "auto boost" and the "Greenify" app set on "auto hibernate". When I go to bed with 100%, it's always at 92 or 93% after 9 hours sleep.
    02-10-2018 03:50 PM
    Mine drains right off the charger
    Attached Thumbnails Pixel Battery Issues-232448.jpg  
    02-12-2018 08:24 PM
    One thing that I hate about what Google has done with recent versions of Android is the changes to the battery screens. Some are good like showing what apps are using battery . . but a few versions back (thinking Lollipop) you used to be able to see the battery graph with bar graph indicators for wakelocks, screen on and Wi-Fi status as well as signal strengths of cellular coverage. All helpful things to know when trying to figure out what's going on with battery drain.
    02-13-2018 02:57 PM
    Have same story ..unplug from charger in 6 am and after 10 min it's already 98
    02-15-2018 09:08 AM
    Remember that most of these devices are over a year old now and have probably lost around 25 percent of original capacity. You are not going to get what you used to get.
    02-15-2018 10:44 AM
    I am having this same issue. As has been stated maybe it is due to degradation of the battery itself. I wonder if it is considered excess if google will replace the battery in the phone? Maybe worth a chat with google support?
    02-16-2018 07:04 AM
    So I actually contacted Google about my phones battery drain and they said that my phone was still within warranty and would be able to be replaced under that warranty. But since I purchased my phone through Verizon they said that I would have to send them my phone first and then they would send me a replacement. But then I contacted Verizon and they are sending me a new phone it will be here Wednesday and I just have to send them my phone back.

Now I just have to decide if I should transfer my stuff from my old Pixel or set this phone up as a new phone?
    02-19-2018 10:12 AM
    So I actually contacted Google about my phones battery drain and they said that my phone was still within warranty and would be able to be replaced under that warranty. But since I purchased my phone through Verizon they said that I would have to send them my phone first and then they would send me a replacement. But then I contacted Verizon and they are sending me a new phone it will be here Wednesday and I just have to send them my phone back.

Now I just have to decide if I should transfer my stuff from my old Pixel or set this phone up as a new phone?
    My Pixel's battery life has been pretty bad ever since the upgrade to Android 8 last fall. I worked with Google Support, and they offered to swap the phone but suggested I go to the Verizon store where I purchased it first. The store refused to swap it since I declined their protection plan. I haven't swapped it through Google since it's a 7-10 day process. Maybe I should contact Verizon directly.

I'm not a very heavy user, and before Android 8, I never had to connect my phone to a charger during the day. Now I feel like I need to keep it topped off, and it's very frustrating. I did figure out the Facebook Messenger was a big battery drainer, so I swapped it for Messenger Lite, which uses less battery.
    02-20-2018 05:30 AM
    I just told Verizon that Google told me my phone was under warranty and was eligible for replacement and that my best way of doing that was to go through Verizon where I bought it. I was worried about it since we had just switched to T-Mobile but even so Verizon is still sending me a new phone. Will be here tomorrow. They even asked what troubleshooting Google did and tried to go through it with me again but when I said I had done a reset back when Android 8.0 was released and it didn't help much they asked for my shipping address and sent me out a replacement. I still think it's crazy that Google won't do the same since we didn't buy the phone from them. With apple it didn't matter where I got my phone an Apple store would warranty and replace it right there in the store for warranty issues.
    02-20-2018 06:00 AM
    Well I got my replacement Pixel XL yesterday from Verizon and I set it up as new and then transferred text messages I wanted using sms backup and restore. I downloaded the apps I needed manually and so far batter life is much better!
    BamaDave likes this.
    02-22-2018 07:30 AM