Im thinking of buying a Pixel and swapping out my LG G6 which I am hugely disappointed with. It is laggy, the camera is not that great in low light, and the front camera is just trash imo. The Phone also crashes a lot. The Pixel is really cheap here in Norway now, so i thought I would give it a shot since i cant afford the Pixel 2 or Galaxy S8 or 9. Do you guys think it is a good deal?
    03-15-2018 02:36 PM
    From what I've read, the G6 is one of the worst cameras of the current crop, but the Pixel had one of the best cameras (and good low light performance, as well as fast HDR performance). It's not a Pixel 2, but it should still be pretty good (the OIS in the 2 is unbelievable - I've played with 10 second hand-held exposures).
    03-15-2018 03:41 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The 1st gen Pixel is still an excellent value, especially at its lower prices now. If you're ok with a larger phone, though, I'd recommend the XL, rather than the smaller Pixel, since the battery life is significantly better with the XL. The smaller Pixel was notorious for having very mediocre battery life.
    03-15-2018 05:36 PM
    Im thinking of buying a Pixel and swapping out my LG G6 which I am hugely disappointed with. It is laggy, the camera is not that great in low light, and the front camera is just trash imo. The Phone also crashes a lot. The Pixel is really cheap here in Norway now, so i thought I would give it a shot since i cant afford the Pixel 2 or Galaxy S8 or 9. Do you guys think it is a good deal?
    Yes i would go for it! No ois but eis is pretty good and you get the latest software. While it is not the fastest thing out there, It can hold its own. Just remember it comes in 32 and 128. If you plan to keep the phone for a while i recommend the 128 asthe price difference should not be that much.
    03-24-2018 07:58 PM
    I have both a Galaxy S6 and an iPhone 6S (both of which I am selling now) as I bought a used Pixel XL 128GB. It is an incredible fast solid phone and the best android phone I have ever used. I say go for it but agree, to buy the XL if you get it.
    03-29-2018 08:11 AM