Lost most contacts after upgrading OG Google Pixel XL to Oreo

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I recently upgraded my OG Google Pixel XL to Oreo but discovered on Friday that most of my contacts are gone (most go back YEARS). I've tried the remedy to clear data in my Contacts Storage app but that doesn't seem to work. Is there any other way to restore my contacts?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Unlike phones from other vendors I don't think that Google phones allow you to store contacts on the SIM card so they shouldn't be 'hiding' there - that is, all of your contact information should be up in the cloud. Have you tried logging into your account from a desktop to look at all of the data there?
Prior to the Pixel did you migrate from another device where you had to export the contacts and then import them onto the Pixel? I guess I'm wondering if you have an old backup laying around that still has most of your data.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the contacts were entered as Google contacts, they'll be at Google Contacts. If they were entered as Phone or Device contacts, they're gone. (Which is why all contacts should be entered as Google contacts.) If they were Google contacts but they're mot at the site, hit More, Then Restore, and restore the missing ones. They'll sync up to your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20