I noticed both on new pixel ....is sms only for messaging? Should I cancel one.
    06-24-2018 11:08 AM
    Verizon Messaging? Unless you use it for something other than SMS/MMS, you need only 1 SMS app. (I use Hangouts to be able to make calls from a Google Voice number. It also handles SMS, but I have Android Messages set to be the default for that.)
    06-24-2018 12:47 PM
    I like messages + from Verizon but, yes, you only need one for texting.
    06-24-2018 12:59 PM
    They're can be only one!
    TEXTRA FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-25-2018 12:15 AM
    You only need to use one.
    06-25-2018 06:45 PM
    And both can be on the phone.
    06-26-2018 11:07 AM
    I prefer Android Messages. I have had Verizon Messages on many phones before and always tried it but never came to love it. I use an app called Mighty Text on my cell phone and my tablet and it will connect with the Mighty Text website so I can send and receive SMS/MMS on my computer as well as my WiFi only Tablet.
    Now Android Messages just became available on the web and has an unusual way to sync it up to work with your phone by scanning the QR code on the website with your phone through Android Messages menu. BUT I find the web version extremely slow and not much I am able to do to increase the speed. (I use Chrome on my Windows laptop and have Comcast cable with download speeds up to 300Mbs - shows on all tests about 200 in reality for now)
    07-08-2018 10:35 PM
    ....BUT I find the web version extremely slow and not much I am able to do to increase the speed. (I use Chrome on my Windows laptop and have Comcast cable with download speeds up to 300Mbs - shows on all tests about 200 in reality for now)
    When jumping between threads or scrolling back in time yes I agree its slow for me as well. Sometimes annoyingly. It’s livable though since I do find it thus far to be fairly reliable - perhaps more so than other applications that I’ve tried like Mighty Text, Pulse SMS and others that allow texting from other devices.
    07-11-2018 11:30 PM
    I prefer Android Messages. I have had Verizon Messages on many phones before and always tried it but never came to love it. I use an app called Mighty Text on my cell phone and my tablet and it will connect with the Mighty Text website so I can send and receive SMS/MMS on my computer as well as my WiFi only Tablet.
    Now Android Messages just became available on the web and has an unusual way to sync it up to work with your phone by scanning the QR code on the website with your phone through Android Messages menu. BUT I find the web version extremely slow and not much I am able to do to increase the speed. (I use Chrome on my Windows laptop and have Comcast cable with download speeds up to 300Mbs - shows on all tests about 200 in reality for now)
    I've tried mighty text, felt like a gimped version of Verizons Message + to be honest. Android messages looks so far behind I don't even want to try it.

I mean what's so hard about making an app for all 3 major platforms that actually syncs in real time and even allows phone calls from your tablet? Verizon managed it a few years ago, I think T-mobile launched a competitor, but Google can't do it?
    07-12-2018 05:52 AM
    Unit the random Pic sending issue of the native Samsung messaging is fixed, Textra is more than adequate.
    07-12-2018 07:56 AM
    And both can be on the phone.
    True but only one can be the default and you have to change each time you go back and forth. Not a big issue but on older versions of Android it didn't matter.
    07-12-2018 08:51 AM