08-09-2018 06:37 PM
28 12
tools
    I've been running the 9 Beta on my Pixel XL (OG) for months and immediately noticed a HUGE jump in my battery life compared to Oreo.

Those of you with battery problems, take a look at the new battery optimization - my phone was letting tons of apps run in the background that I couldn't nail down. Android 9 (now Pie) would tell me, "hey, this app is using battery in the background" - I'd look at it and say "Hey, McDonald's app, you don't need to be running in the background, go away".

I charge my phone up every afternoon before I leave work and it's good for a day, easy. I don't play a ton of games, but still get at least 3 hours SOT.

I also have not done a factory reset since I bought my phone over a year ago. Came with Nougat, upgraded to Oreo, then 9 Beta and now the final Pie. Still a rock solid device.
    08-08-2018 06:38 AM
    I downloaded it yesterday. My Pixel will be two years old in December. It seems like my phone is a little laggier on Pie, and my battery life is just as horrible as on Oreo. I really like this phone, but Oreo destroyed my battery life... The only reason I plan to ditch this phone once it's paid off. I hope the Pixel 3 is better, but I'm worried about the price and whether there will be good deals.
    Did you perform a factory reset after trading Oreo?
    Pie is an even more robust update.
    Any system update should be followed by a factory reset. Yes, it is a bit pain in the A, but the phone will perform better.
    08-09-2018 05:34 PM
    Downloaded pie onto my pixel XL day after it came out. Do not use my pixel XL much anymore, but wanted to check out pie. Better battery life was the first thing I noticed after a few days. Used Bluetooth to play some music etc. Seems like a good upgrade so far.
    08-09-2018 06:37 PM
28 12