How come I don't get this notifications thing? I thought this was supposed to be easier. I *think* I'm a relatively smart person...Yes, I still use Yahoo(!) mail, but I can't get these things figured out.

What I would like to do is just have my Y mail notifications ALWAYS be silent with no vibrate with the only notif being the visual little envelope in the upper left. When I have everything on silent, it still vibrates for a new email.

When I got to N(otifications) in the app, there is just the general 'enable N' and I have that checked. There are not many other options except 'system settings'. I go there and there are still very little ('allow N dot', security alerts) and then it says under the "I" (information dot) that 4 categories were deleted. This was where I was allowed to turn off vibrate and sound permanently. Anyway, I thought I might find something under Do Not Disturb for Y mail, but it looks like those are just global settings for all app notifications.

Anyone know what I'm missing here? Any insights would be great. Thanks.
    08-20-2018 09:50 AM
    Same issue - I want notifications for my Yahoo mail but without sound.. could do it before but can't find it now Am I missing something?
    06-07-2019 07:20 PM