I had two accounts apparently linked to my old Australian number. I've had a HTC phone for a few years and even when I changed phone numbers, one of the two accounts still worked under the older number, which was fine, and even when I moved to the UK my WhatsApp (the newer one) worked fine, again, even with a new UK sim and phone number.

The problem started when I bought a new phone, a Google Pixel recently. When I installed WhatsApp, it brought up my old account from two years ago. I thought that if I updated my phone number to the UK number {on my older HTC phone), this would fix the problem, but now I have my current account (with lots of new contacts and threads) on my old phone that I want to sell off, and my old WhatsApp account on my new Pixel phone. How can I get the Pixel to recognise my newer account?
    08-24-2018 06:11 PM
    Make sure the Google account is the same on the new phone as it is on the old phone.
    08-27-2018 05:06 PM