I used to have both date and local weather side by side at top of homescreen. Date touched through to calendar and weather to Google weather app. Date still there but weather disappeared.
    I've followed various threads of how to solve. Most involved toggling weather (and underlying options) on and off on Google custom feed which I've done (restarting phone etc) several times. I've also upgraded to Android 9. Nothing seems to work.

Any other ideas out there of how to get local weather back to top of homescreen alongside date?

Many thanks
    08-28-2018 05:39 AM
    Simple Analog Clock widget will probably give you the same problem. It's there (you can fool around and get the resize frame) but it's invisible.

Something in Pie that's wrong, or that a few widgets aren't compatible with. (Running Android Studio, to develop apps, if you have API 28 enabled, you drop something on the form and it doesn't show. Don't ask me - I didn't write Android or Android Studio, but I have to downgrade all new apps to API 27 [Oreo] to see what I'm doing. [I develop in code, but I do like to check the D7D to see what the screen will look like, and in API 28 - Pie - it's just a grey box, no matter what you add to it.])

One day either we'll get an update or Android Studio will. I'll put in a report (I already sent feedback, but who knows where that goes) as soon as I clear up a little matter with tech support. (My fingerprint scanner no longer works to enter fingerprints [it does to pull the shade down and up] and so far they've sent me 2 replacements - that have the same problem.)
    08-30-2018 04:29 PM
    Are you talking about the status bar display? There's a setting thats only lets 3 icons to apear turn off slider under settings Thease are. Also controlled by notifications turn on reminder alert under weather app set to15mins the displays come back that often. You slide the notifcation to the right a just a little to see the belll and cog icons adjust what you want.
    Attached Thumbnails Lost weather at top of homescreen. Pixel XL-screenshot_20180903-101022_settings.jpg   Lost weather at top of homescreen. Pixel XL-smartselect_20180815-110507_samsung-experience-home.jpg  
    09-03-2018 09:24 AM
    Hi Mark, the other things that complicated my weather settings.
    Set your location to manual vs auto detect or follow.
    Developer mode on/off.
    09-10-2018 01:47 PM
    I used to have both date and local weather side by side at top of home screen. Date touched through to calendar and weather to Google weather app. Date still there but weather disappeared.
    I've followed various threads of how to solve. Most involved toggling weather (and underlying options) on and off on Google custom feed which I've done (restarting phone etc) several times. I've also upgraded to Android 9. Nothing seems to work.

Any other ideas out there of how to get local weather back to top of homescreen alongside date?

Many thanks
    did you find the solution?? because I am facing the same problem
    04-11-2019 09:53 AM
    did you find the solution?? because I am facing the same problem
    I figured this out.

1. Tap and hold the widget (date) at the top of the screen.
    2. Tap "Preferences" pop-up.
    3. Disable "Upcoming flight information" or "Traffic Information"
    4. If you don't see the weather, reboot phone.

Seems there is not enough room on the top screen for all 3 "At a glance" options. After doing these steps I can once again see my weather. It is 99 degrees in Pleasanton today.
    07-24-2019 04:36 PM