Pixel Repair

JSOL1

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Well my Pixel went into a permanent bootloop after 20 months of ownership so I bought a cheap phone as a placeholder until the P3 came out.
Unfortunately I haven't been impressed enough to pull the trigger so I'm taking a chance and sending my P into Google to repair for $275 and will wait until the P4.
Taking a risk here so we'll see if my gamble pays off

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
You can buy a brand new pixel XL 32 gig black for $319 through B&H photo video. It was $299 up until recently..... and you can get a black or silver XL128 gig for $399. I picked up a standard pixel about 6 months ago from there, and it was brand new sealed in the box unlocked for all carriers, and is working perfectly on AT&T. Might be a better way to spend your money vs a repair unless it's already too late. They also come with the standard 1 year warranty.

JSOL1

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks...the XL is too big for me.
if I could find a new P2 I would have done it, but wasn't interested in a used 2.
I could probably still cancel as I sent it today

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks...the XL is too big for me.
if I could find a new P2 I would have done it, but wasn't interested in a used 2.
I could probably still cancel as I sent it today

That site sold out of the original standard pixels a few months back...... I check them regularly tho to see when they start getting some new P2's cheap. You never know they might get some more standard pixel 1's in too tho. Save the site and keep checking in, they're by far the best site I've come across for brand new sealed phones......no games ;-)

JSOL1

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks... you're right, they are a great resource...have used them many times.
if I can eek out 9 months with my OGP and get to the P4 I'll be happy.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yep I don't do used phones either........ I'd like to pick up a new pixel 2xl down the road for half price, but I may hold out longer to get a P3 cheap.....who knows? lol. I always buy last year's flagships when the new models come out to get a nice phone for a nice price :-D

The P4 is probably going to be an extremely nice phone. I just hope they don't try and keep this trend up of getting crazy with the prices every year :O

JSOL1

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
Agreed. I got the OGP for $240 through Verizon plan which I normally don't do, but at that price it was a bargain.
unfortunately for me the XL is just too big and there are no more new P2s in the wild

JSOL1

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
I have to say I'm impressed with the speed that Google is getting my phone repaired and back to me.
Sent in Tuesday and it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow... hopefully it is back from the dead!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995