November update

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Kinda odd there is no update for the Pixel/Pixel XL yet. Maybe it wont be too much longer before its posted

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I contacted Google Support . This is all I got about Nov update
0a9e62611f20063b64566970c335d0cd.jpg

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I did a quick Google search and found a couple posts, one on Reddit and one on XDA forums I believe, they were both saying the og pixel November update was being held up due to a battery drain issue they were working out. I'd definitely prefer they delay the update to make sure it's right when we get it versus getting a bad update that causes problems ;-)

That's why I have a pixel phone, because Google takes care of us like no other phone manufacturer :-D

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I did a quick Google search and found a couple posts, one on Reddit and one on XDA forums I believe, they were both saying the og pixel November update was being held up due to a battery drain issue they were working out. I'd definitely prefer they delay the update to make sure it's right when we get it versus getting a bad update that causes problems ;-)

That's why I have a pixel phone, because Google takes care of us like no other phone manufacturer :-D
Amen to that - thanks for the update! I wonder if it's a drain that we currently have, or one the update would introduce?

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Well it seems that I am not the only Pixel owner that has not yet gotten the November security update. On November 12 I thank you.

We'll get it ;-) and we're going to be getting some cool new features in the coming year that'll be handed down from the 3...... another nice benefit of owning a pixel :-D

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Does it have to have a sim card installed in order to receive the monthly updates? I switched back to my Note 5 recently but still connect my pixel to wifi and download app updates occasionally.