I cannot connect to my vehicle WLAN with my Google Pixel running OS Android 9 using mobile hotpost.
    Both VW and Google have been less than helpful so far.
    Has anyone else experienced this problem....and if so, have you found a fix?
    I have heard a rumour that this is a known Android 9 problem.
    The car sees the hotpsot....tries to connect...but returns an error message of either 'no internet connection' or 'internet connection not possible'.
    I have tried using a friend's iPhone personal hotspot and a connection is made immediately, so I know it can work.
    Any advice / help grateful received.
    01-11-2019 05:46 PM
    Have you tried to connect a computer (or laptop) to the Pixel's hotspot when you're not near the car. That will tell you if the phone and its hotpot are working properly. If a phone does, the VW probably needs an upgrade. If nothing connects to the phone, it's probably the phone's fault, and I'd contact Google customer support (and they'll probably have to put you through to tech support unless you want to sit there while the CD rep and the tech support person communicate via their keyboards). Google is pretty good about technical problems. (But always be nice - it's not the CS rep's fault, so don't take it out on her/him.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-15-2019 02:26 PM