I am so happy that Google has decided to release the Q Beta for us still rocking the original Pixel and Pixel XL.

I am heading out of the country on vacation this weekend, so I naturally have NOT loaded the beta to my phone because I want it to work with zero issues.

Has anyone that's loaded it on their original Pixel XL (specifically) experienced any serious show-stoppers yet? I know it hasn't been a full day yet, and it's the first release but Google seems to have gotten the beta releases down pretty well over the years.

Gone are the days when you would flash a beta and your phone would "work", but you just couldn't make calls or use the internet.

The beta for P was pretty much perfect (IMO) from the minute it was released. I had ZERO problems straight through the beta, to the public release, and all updates thereafter.

Looking forward to hearing others' opinions, complaints, concerns and issues as we all move forward with the Q Beta.

What works? What's broken? What is mediocre? What is a show stopper that should prevent someone from using it as a daily driver?
    03-14-2019 07:06 AM
    I am so happy that Google has decided to release the Q Beta for us still rocking the original Pixel and Pixel XL.

I am heading out of the country on vacation this weekend, so I naturally have NOT loaded the beta to my phone because I want it to work with zero issues.

Has anyone that's loaded it on their original Pixel XL (specifically) experienced any serious show-stoppers yet? I know it hasn't been a full day yet, and it's the first release but Google seems to have gotten the beta releases down pretty well over the years.

Gone are the days when you would flash a beta and your phone would "work", but you just couldn't make calls or use the internet.

The beta for P was pretty much perfect (IMO) from the minute it was released. I had ZERO problems straight through the beta, to the public release, and all updates thereafter.

Looking forward to hearing others' opinions, complaints, concerns and issues as we all move forward with the Q Beta.

What works? What's broken? What is mediocre? What is a show stopper that should prevent someone from using it as a daily driver?
    Like you said it's very early..... but for me so far I haven't experienced any issues with q... No root for it yet though if that matters to you. I'm on the og pixel (not xl)
    03-14-2019 07:15 AM
    I have not rooted a phone in 5 years. I just haven't had the need to.
    thewraith420, hannsoft and wpbfjr like this.
    03-14-2019 07:40 AM
    The only thing so far that didn't work that I know of , and also mentioned in the Pixel 2 thread . Is the Settings App crashes if you select Tips & Support

I have not rooted a phone since 2013.
    Before then all my phones were rooted
    03-14-2019 11:55 AM
    No issues here on the OG Pixel in the first couple of days. Haven't used it heavily, but the basics are humming as usual. Sure, I'd like a bigger screen and a fingerprint sensor that works when my hands are damp, but it's much easier and cheaper to keep using this great phone with the latest software for another year. Not to mention the Gboard onboard voice to text!
    03-15-2019 07:54 PM
    Was planning on waiting for the monthly updates to stop before replacing my Pixel XL, so I'm hoping they put Android Q on the OG Pixel line. Heck, I wouldn't have to think about replacing my XL until 2020.
    hannsoft likes this.
    03-16-2019 10:49 AM
    Was planning on waiting for the monthly updates to stop before replacing my Pixel XL, so I'm hoping they put Android Q on the OG Pixel line. Heck, I wouldn't have to think about replacing my XL until 2020.
    Due to popular demand they are putting Q on the original pixel..... here's the link to Google's official Q page, read down a little bit to find it https://android-developers.googleblo...id-q-beta.html I'm not sure if we get another year of updates though.... would be nice ;-)
    taadow1030 and kjharrison like this.
    03-16-2019 05:00 PM
    Due to popular demand they are putting Q on the original pixel..... here's the link to Google's official Q page, read down a little bit to find it https://android-developers.googleblo...id-q-beta.html I'm not sure if we get another year of updates though.... would be nice ;-)
    Anything to add extend the life of my phone is good, as long as the hardware/processor can handle it. The main reason I use a Pixel is for regular updates and no bloat.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    03-17-2019 06:32 AM
    Yeah When I enrolled back into the beta program for beta Android Q . I went there to enroll my Pixel 2 XL. Then I saw the Pixel also was eligible,surprised to see it was.

It would be nice just to get an extra year of security updates, but that to probably isn't likely.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    03-17-2019 01:17 PM
    Everything working pretty well for me on my Pixel XL, although call screen doesn't appear to be showing up for me on my phone app, and my Kevo app crashes.
    03-22-2019 03:56 PM
    Everything working pretty well for me on my Pixel XL, although call screen doesn't appear to be showing up for me on my phone app, and my Kevo app crashes.
    Its not uncommon for some apps to crash on beta. My SkyView app crashes to . Call Screening does show and functions on my Pixel tho.I just tested by calling my Pixel as a spammer.
    Have you rebooted your phone lately, or cleared the cache in the phone App ?
    Its a long shot but maybe give it a try ?
    Also could try safe mode to .
    To get into safe mode push the power button as if you are going to turn phone off , but once on screen buttons appear long press on > Power Off > until you see Reboot to Safe Mode> then > OK.
    When done with Safe Mode just power off the phone normally and power back on.
    w0wbagger likes this.
    03-24-2019 08:19 AM
    Thanks for this! I'll give it a try!
    03-24-2019 09:39 AM