Pixel xl camera

Fred Hayes

Jul 7, 2019
Visit site
My Pixel XL has been able to take selfies since I purchased it two years ago. I'm not able to take them now. When I try to switch the camera, I get the same picture as the other camera. It has a little man icon. Can some one please help?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My Pixel XL has been able to take selfies since I purchased it two years ago. I'm not able to take them now. When I try to switch the camera, I get the same picture as the other camera. It has a little man icon. Can some one please help?
Can you post a screenshot of it ?
Little man icon usually accessibility setting?

Fred Hayes

Jul 7, 2019
Visit site
I just did and it still is not working. I have deleted all updates - still didn't work - added updates back, still didn't work. I may just need to get a new phone if taking a selfie is that important. It shouldn't be that way.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just did and it still is not working. I have deleted all updates - still didn't work - added updates back, still didn't work. I may just need to get a new phone if taking a selfie is that important. It shouldn't be that way.
Strange , how about trying safe mode?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If going back to Pie fixes it, please report the problem at the Issue Tracker. Things don't get fixed unless they're reported.

If that doesn't fix it, you may just have a bad front camera module. That would require a trip to uBreakiFix.

Last edited: