Photos suddenly disappear from the phone. Though the phone says it is backing up yet there is no progress and the photos disappear. Also, if I try to download apps, it is stuck on "download pending".
    this despite an active wifi connection and all other devices are working on the wifi.the wifi does not seem to be working on only the pixel.
    This seems to be happening more after the latest OS update.
    07-16-2019 06:14 AM
    Photos suddenly disappear from the phone. Though the phone says it is backing up yet there is no progress and the photos disappear. Also, if I try to download apps, it is stuck on "download pending".
    this despite an active wifi connection and all other devices are working on the wifi.the wifi does not seem to be working on only the pixel.
    This seems to be happening more after the latest OS update.
    Hi, if can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist you.
    Which phone your using?
    Once you register we can go over some troubleshooting.
    07-16-2019 08:08 AM
    Have you checked on Google Photos to see if they're there?
    07-16-2019 03:41 PM
    @mustang7757, the OP is presumably using either a Pixel or Pixel XL 1st gen, since that's the forum they posted in.

For the app installation issue, try going to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Show System, then select the Play Store and Download Manager, and clear cache/data from both. Now tell us if the problem persists.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-16-2019 11:43 PM
    @mustang7757, the OP is presumably using either a Pixel or Pixel XL 1st gen, since that's the forum they posted in.

For the app installation issue, try going to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Show System, then select the Play Store and Download Manager, and clear cache/data from both. Now tell us if the problem persists.
    I see now in the header
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-16-2019 11:46 PM