Pixel XL Freeze & Restart Loop

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have Google Pixel XL, today I had it plugged into my car via charger and aux cord to use the gps to get to an appointment and it suddenly froze and shut off. When I restarted it it started to loop freeze & restart. It would freeze then restart after a minute or less of use. I booted it and factory reset it and then it restarted wiped but the restart loop persisted. I also factory reset it from the boot loader, and tried booting it in safe mode after that. Nothing has worked, it keeps freezing and then restarting so I just have it off for now.

Yavuzkurt

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully you don't get a refurbished replacement.

I literally had 3 "factory refurbished" Google pixel XL phones with problems right out of the box. The first one I bought from a top seller from eBay, and it would not connect to any cellular network. I returned it and gave the seller a neutral, NOT positive review. II II I got from Amazon from a supposedly factory refurbished Amazon renewed program. The first one the microphone did not work. Spent another week and a half getting that return, and the third one I got would not charge or power on.

At that point I returned it and will never get another Google refurbished OR new phone again. They obviously have very little quality control on their "refurbished" products.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Hopefully you don't get a refurbished replacement.

I literally had 3 "factory refurbished" Google pixel XL phones with problems right out of the box. The first one I bought from a top seller from eBay, and it would not connect to any cellular network. I returned it and gave the seller a neutral, NOT positive review. II II I got from Amazon from a supposedly factory refurbished Amazon renewed program. The first one the microphone did not work. Spent another week and a half getting that return, and the third one I got would not charge or power on.

At that point I returned it and will never get another Google refurbished OR new phone again. They obviously have very little quality control on their "refurbished" products.

Amazon is full of scammers, NEVER buy ANY phones new or refurbished from Amazon unless you want to get ripped off.

And refurbished phones in general are just somebody else's problem being passed on to you. I would recommend only buying brand new SEALED phones from trusted places like the manufacturers website or major store chains like Best Buy. B&H photo and video is the only third party site I buy electronics from, and they're a big superstore back east like Best Buy, they have tremendous sale prices and everything is brand new just like buying it from a local store.

You can find some amazing deals without having to deal with all the crooks on Amazon or eBay.