My battery life seems to have gotten significantly worse after upgrading to Android 10. I typically had 53% - 57% left at the end of the day after my usual moderate use. I'm now finishing between 28% and 34%. I just listen to podcasts and text/whatsapp. No changes in use. I did a hard reset last Tuesday but that didn't help.

I've allowed for some time for the phone to get used to a new system but its been 5 days and still still no improvement. Is anyone else having the same experience?

BTW: Standby time is better. But using the phone for almost anything kills the battery now.
    09-09-2019 09:31 AM
    I'm on regular OG Pixel (not XL) and am experiencing the exact same thing. Standby is outstanding, but doing literally anything with the phone drains battery twice as fast as before upgrade to Android 10.
    09-09-2019 01:21 PM
    You need to remember that the majority of apps aren't optimized for 10 yet, so they won't be working their best. 10 has once again changed and restricted more permissions for apps to save even more battery. Honestly I would remove your third party apps and factory reset. This will be the last os upgrade we get, so might as well do it right. The reset alone will improve your battery life. Then add back the apps you need one by one to see which ones are playing nice with 10.

I factory reset my OG pixel recently and am not running any third party apps, and I was getting incredible battery life on 9, and nothing's changed on 10. It's not a problem with 10, it's a problem with how 10's reacting to your particular phone setup. A factory reset after an OS upgrade is always going to give you the best chance at having a good running phone.

Remember this will probably be the last time you have to do it ;-)
    09-10-2019 02:38 AM
    I have turned off wifi /blueooth scanning in Settings - location. This has helped a bit.
    dyastrab likes this.
    09-10-2019 10:16 AM
    I have turned off wifi /blueooth scanning in Settings - location. This has helped a bit.
    Thanks. I did that too and it helped. After upgrading and doing a factory reset, I was having battery problems. I forgot how many things I had turned off (before wiping everything) to increase battery life. I turned off the Google app notifications yesterday which also helped.
    09-10-2019 11:34 AM