Pixel 1 - Sound not working at all

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So few months ago I started having this issue that sometimes when I plugged in the headphones I would hear static noise (half of the time when I took them out and checked the speakers they wouldn't work either) - turning the phone off and on worked, and it only happened like twice a month so I didn't really worry.
2 weeks ago it happened again but I had to turn my phone on and off like 11 times before it started working again. It did work so even though I was worried a bit I decided to just carry on.

Yesterday I accidentally dropped the phone and it turned itself off and when I turned it back on the audio did not work at all - not with headphones, not on speakers, nothing. I checked on youtube, twitter, 2 games, my music, a podcast and my recorded videos - it didn't work on any of them, with or without headphones.
I tried updating to android 10 (I had an issue that after some point I couldn't even play anything - youtube videos wouldn't start, podcasts wouldn't play and I couldn't even watch the videos in my gallery. Updating to new android fixed that issue) and after it didn't work I tried a hard reset. It didn't work either.
Now when I plug in the headphones I don't hear the static noise BUT I do hear it for a moment if I have the headphones plugged in during the "soft reset"

TL;DR - the audio on my phone is not working at all and I I don't know what to do anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463