CyanogenMod 14 support?

karansanas

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
Approximately how long would it take for a stable CyanogenMod release to surface? I can't find anything about this on XDA.
If I do end up using a Pixel, I'd like it to be rooted, and running CyanogenMod. What are your thoughts?

arthurhkt

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Approximately how long would it take for a stable CyanogenMod release to surface? I can't find anything about this on XDA.
If I do end up using a Pixel, I'd like it to be rooted, and running CyanogenMod. What are your thoughts?

Well, usually it take around 3 to 4 month times for Cyanogen team to develop the ROM, since Android Nougat (7.0) just release few month back, so probably CyanogenMod 14 will be officially available by December.

But here's the thing, since Pixel came with Android 7.1, and Google just release the developer preview just a moment ago, I guess you will just have to wait until April or June next year for CM to officially release the CM14.1 for the Pixel.

Until then, just get a Pixel then, try it out first, I am sure you won't regret it. :)

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I can attest to that. CM14 for the hammerhead (Nexus 5) phones is still in the UNOFFICIAL stage. I don't look for it to go to NIGHTLY stage until after the first of the year.

I would get a Pixel, but it's too rich for my blood right now. Hopefully, I can win one in one of these contests. *fingers crossed*

Cindy

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I can attest to that. CM14 for the hammerhead (Nexus 5) phones is still in the UNOFFICIAL stage. I don't look for it to go to NIGHTLY stage until after the first of the year.

I would get a Pixel, but it's too rich for my blood right now. Hopefully, I can win one in one of these contests. *fingers crossed*

Cindy
I've given up on contests. Half the time they don't even announce a winner! Maybe nobody wins.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar