Jon Prosser has "heard" of a Google planned launch on May 26.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jon_pross...08084932796422

I passed on the GW4 because of the features that didn't work w/o a Galaxy phone. I've also been a long time Fitbit user, and I'm interested to learn what kind of integration the PW will offer.
    01-22-2022 07:13 PM
    I wonder if there'll be a version that looks more like a classic dress watch. I'm not crazy about watches that just look like fitness trackers.
    swebb likes this.
    01-22-2022 11:45 PM
    I wonder if there'll be a version that looks more like a classic dress watch. I'm not crazy about watches that just look like fitness trackers.
    Yes to this. Samsung Galaxy classic watches are so much better looking because of the bezels. But I'm still very skeptical about a pixel watch, given the many prior rumored releases. This is one that I won't believe it until it actually goes on sale.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-26-2022 10:01 AM
    What I'd love to see is a slim Pixel Watch. I'm thinking something like a Swatch. My Gear S3 is bulky and heavy. I ended up getting a Fitbit Sense and love the shape/weight/style.
    Attached Thumbnails Pixel Watch-suob702_1.png  
    01-26-2022 12:01 PM
    What I'd love to see is a slim Pixel Watch. I'm thinking something like a Swatch. My Gear S3 is bulky and heavy. I ended up getting a Fitbit Sense and love the shape/weight/style.
    Yeah, the S3 felt like you were wearing a hockey puck. The og Galaxy Watch, GW3, and GW4 classic were incrementally better, but there's still room for improvement. Something around 10 mm thick weighing 40 g would be great.
    ras47 likes this.
    01-26-2022 08:51 PM
    Yikes. The latest leak on the AC main site is horrible. Shaped like a curved hockey puck. No bezels. Proprietary band? Are you kidding. Put together, it is incredibly cheap looking. The caveat is that every Pixel Watch "leak" in the last 4 years has been totally wrong. Mostly in the announcement of an "imminent" release. Maybe, Google will surprise us.

One thing I really want is a slim look that sits nicely on top of the wrist. With significant curvature on the top and bottom of the leaked watch, this will be anything but sleek. Also, a proprietary band would likely be a show stopper for me.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    04-23-2022 08:05 PM
    Yikes. The latest leak on the AC main site is horrible. Shaped like a curved hockey puck. No bezels. Proprietary band? Are you kidding. Put together, it is incredibly cheap looking. The caveat is that every Pixel Watch "leak" in the last 4 years has been totally wrong. Mostly in the announcement of an "imminent" release. Maybe, Google will surprise us.

One thing I really want is a slim look that sits nicely on top of the wrist. With significant curvature on the top and bottom of the leaked watch, this will be anything but sleek. Also, a proprietary band would likely be a show stopper for me.
    I agree, not liking the leaked pics if they are true. I also concur that a proprietary band would be a really bad idea. I certainly hope Google does not go that route.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    04-23-2022 09:11 PM
    https://www.tomsguide.com/news/even-...u-need-to-know

If true, the Pixel watch will be extremely disappointing. The specs, look, and pricing are not at all compelling today. Maybe a couple years ago.
    04-27-2022 09:02 AM
    Announcement:

[Pixel watch Forums now here]
    05-11-2022 03:37 PM
    With only one screen size, sounds like it might be a bit too small. Also crazy that it's still likely 5 months or so out.
    05-11-2022 09:18 PM
    10-04-2022 10:49 PM
    Indeed! It's still a nice-looking watch, though!
    10-05-2022 01:55 PM
    I had had hopes that Google would offer some sort of trade-in incentive with the watches to encourage adoption. I could throw my ancient original Huawei Watch that barely powers on at Samsung and they'd give me $75-$125 trade-in credit...
    Morty2264 likes this.
    10-06-2022 11:37 AM
    I had had hopes that Google would offer some sort of trade-in incentive with the watches to encourage adoption. I could throw my ancient original Huawei Watch that barely powers on at Samsung and they'd give me $75-$125 trade-in credit...
    Yes, it does seem like Samsung is a bit more accepting of trade ins than Google...
    10-07-2022 08:43 AM
    Yes, it does seem like Samsung is a bit more accepting of trade ins than Google...
    I think with Samsung a lot of that boils down to their creating artificially inflated retail prices so that they can immediately offer huge trade-ins or substantial sales right at launch to entice additional business.
    Morty2264 and J Dubbs like this.
    10-07-2022 09:01 AM
    I think with Samsung a lot of that boils down to their creating artificially inflated retail prices so that they can immediately offer huge trade-ins or substantial sales right at launch to entice additional business.
    That's a very good theory!
    10-11-2022 03:55 PM
    Although. what does that say about Google if you compare the prices of the Pixel watch andwatch 5/ watch 5 Pro, and then compare the hardware you get for the money?
    10-11-2022 04:30 PM
    I disagree with this when it comes to their watch line. I can get the smaller watch 5 cheaper than I can the Google watch without a device trade in.

For instance,
    no trade in the 40mm is 279.99. the 44mm is 309.00.

Now that isn't the PRO line. But still the Watch5 is still cheaper and has better specs.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    10-11-2022 04:50 PM
    Although. what does that say about Google if you compare the prices of the Pixel watch andwatch 5/ watch 5 Pro, and then compare the hardware you get for the money?
    Tons of factors at play. Google is definitely not operating at the same production levels, so cost per unit is elevated. They're using an older SOC, but they're buying it from a Samsung, another escalated cost. Pixel Watch has twice the storage (32GB vs 16GB), 1/3 more RAM (2GB vs 1.5GB), and stainless steel vs aluminum.

That's not to say I believe the pixel watch will be a clear winner - there are other ways in which the Samsung holds above, such as a sapphire crystal screen vs Gorilla Glass, BT 5.2 vs 5.0, and temperature sensor.

I do suspect that Google's profit margins are likely considerably lower than Samsung's, even after taking into account Samsung's always-on discount.
    10-11-2022 04:52 PM
    I disagree with this when it comes to their watch line. I can get the smaller watch 5 cheaper than I can the Google watch without a device trade in.

For instance,
    no trade in the 40mm is 279.99. the 44mm is 309.00.

Now that isn't the PRO line. But still the Watch5 is still cheaper and has better specs.

Lots of specs where the Pixel watch comes out ahead, some noted in my post above. Consider that Apple charges several hundred more for a stainless steel body....

Value is in the mind of the buyer, though. I have a Watch 3 which I have enjoyed, and I don't know whether I'd prefer to update to the Pixel Watch or Watch 5, if either. Going to wait on reviews, but do know that Pixel phones are, for me, routinely far better with lower spec than Samsung devices (I "upgraded" from a Pixel 3 XL to a 2-year newer Samsung S20 FE 5g and found it a downgrade in experience in every respect other than battery life and display quality).

If I were still using a Samsung phone, though, I'd almost certainly go with the Samsung watch. If I used an iPhone, an Apple watch. Being as I'm back with Pixel and going with an update there, though, if I do move, it'll more likely be to the Google watch unless they really screwed something up.
    10-11-2022 04:55 PM
    Lots of specs where the Pixel watch comes out ahead, some noted in my post above. Consider that Apple charges several hundred more for a stainless steel body....

Value is in the mind of the buyer, though. I have a Watch 3 which I have enjoyed, and I don't know whether I'd prefer to update to the Pixel Watch or Watch 5, if either. Going to wait on reviews, but do know that Pixel phones are, for me, routinely far better with lower spec than Samsung devices (I "upgraded" from a Pixel 3 XL to a 2-year newer Samsung S20 FE 5g and found it a downgrade in experience in every respect other than battery life and display quality).

If I were still using a Samsung phone, though, I'd almost certainly go with the Samsung watch. If I used an iPhone, an Apple watch. Being as I'm back with Pixel and going with an update there, though, if I do move, it'll more likely be to the Google watch unless they really screwed something up.
    For me that isn't the case. I use my, atm, watch5pro whether I am using my Samsung Phones, pixel or OP10 Pro. You do you but not everyone matches their watch brands to their phones.

10-11-2022 05:05 PM
    For me that isn't the case. I use my, atm, watch5pro whether I am using my Samsung Phones, pixel or OP10 Pro. You do you but not everyone matches their watch brands to their phones.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. There's no mandate to maintain the same brand; I was just alluding to the benefit of doing so as there are some features with Samsung watches that only work with Samsung phones, and the same for Pixel phones with Pixel watches.
    10-11-2022 05:46 PM
    Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. There's no mandate to maintain the same brand; I was just alluding to the benefit of doing so as there are some features with Samsung watches that only work with Samsung phones, and the same for Pixel phones with Pixel watches.
    I haven't found the features yet that don't work with a Samsung watch. All of the samsung health features as far as heart rate, steps, snore detection, sleep, blood oxygen, calls, etc.. work

10-11-2022 05:54 PM
    This was helpful for me - definitely some things I wouldn't have found (at least for a while) that can enhance my experience.

Derek_B and Coop61 like this.
    10-26-2022 10:31 PM
    This was helpful for me - definitely some things I wouldn't have found (at least for a while) that can enhance my experience.

This video should be a sticky all by it's self. It's very useful and explains on how to save the battery.
    Derek_B likes this.
    11-07-2022 08:29 PM