Screen Protectors

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has a screen protector they plan to get. I'm personally thinking of waiting until Intelliarmor releases their tempered glass screen. In my experience they are great about honoring their warranty for broken screen protectors and my current screen protector looks and feels incredible on the phone.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has a screen protector they plan to get. I'm personally thinking of waiting until Intelliarmor releases their tempered glass screen. In my experience they are great about honoring their warranty for broken screen protectors and my current screen protector looks and feels incredible on the phone.

I have said this before and I will say it again. I have an S6 and have bought my Tempered Glass Screen Protectors from ebay. I am in Canada, there is a guy that sells all brands and I get them dirt cheap. I have had it on my S6 since I bought it, in June of 2015, and it looks great, and is still protecting my phone perfectly with no scratches or cracks. I think I paid all in 6 bucks Canadian.
I don't see the point spending 40 bucks on a protector because if a name. If mine has lasted this long, even if it broke tomorrow I would be happy to spend another 6 bucks rather than go through warranty after paying 40.
I mean come on? You can't go wrong

For Google Pixel XL Tempered Glass Screen Protector 2X 5X Films For Google Pixel

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I have said this before and I will say it again. I have an S6 and have bought my Tempered Glass Screen Protectors from ebay. I am in Canada, there is a guy that sells all brands and I get them dirt cheap. I have had it on my S6 since I bought it, in June of 2015, and it looks great, and is still protecting my phone perfectly with no scratches or cracks. I think I paid all in 6 bucks Canadian.
I don't see the point spending 40 bucks on a protector because if a name. If mine has lasted this long, even if it broke tomorrow I would be happy to spend another 6 bucks rather than go through warranty after paying 40.
I mean come on? You can't go wrong

For Google Pixel XL Tempered Glass Screen Protector 2X 5X Films For Google Pixel
Cool! Ordered 5 for like $6. Haha - thanks!

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I ordered 5 as well, but the delivery date is between 10-27 & Dec 2. I also have 2 coming from Amazon from a different company. They are supposed to get here by the 24th, which is before the phone, so I'm covered. I have an IntelliGlass HD on my 6p. The other day I was out on the patio (concrete with embedded rock), didn't realize that my phone fell out of my pocket. Somehow it ended up under the leg of my chair, face down. The screen cover gave up the ghost, but the phone remained perfect. I'm a big proponent of the glass screen covers.

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Well I ordered the Mr. Shield 3-pack from Amazon, which was supposed to be delivered today. I just wanted something to hold me over until a better screen protector is released. However, since Amazon didn't deliver it on time, the rep gave me the protectors for free.

thetonyclifton

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I got the Zagg Glass+ from the store I bought the phone from, just so I would have somehting to put straight on, it is awful, tiny, leaves acres of space around all sides and still manages to have a halo. Rubbish. Are there any with decent coverage yet? I would even rather a full coverage film until someone gets the tempered glass right. Any recommedations from people with phone and screen protector installed?

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I got the Zagg Glass+ from the store I bought the phone from, just so I would have somehting to put straight on, it is awful, tiny, leaves acres of space around all sides and still manages to have a halo. Rubbish. Are there any with decent coverage yet? I would even rather a full coverage film until someone gets the tempered glass right. Any recommedations from people with phone and screen protector installed?

Ah the question that always (and justifiably) arrives with any new phone...

For the most part, you can expect any tempered glass protector to leave some border - though it shouldn't be TOO much - and this is a good thing if you want to use a case.

I'm hoping (and expecting) IntelliArmor will produce their IntelliGLASSPRO for the Pixel XL. I've had one on my Nexus 6 for well over a year with no problems or scratches (well, the oleophobic coating ain't what it used to be, but that's to be expected). Nice thing about it is, at least for the Nexus, it's almost edge-to-edge, leaving only about a 1mm border, and actually blacks out the border that doesn't overlay the screen itself thereby eliminating halo.

61S9NmLT59L._SL1000_.jpg
Yes, I know this isn't the Pixel - just providing image as an example of the style of protector

They have the 'normal' glass for the Pixels now, so hopefully the Pro will come soon. If it does, will also be interesting to see if they have a white-bordered version as well.

y2jdmbfan

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

You get it at Verizon? Does it cover the whole screen at least? The Verizon Branded protector sucks, it doesn't cover the whole screen, it is a few mm short on the left and right. It's also hazy / not clear from what I can tell. $24.99 wasted, but at least it will protect the screen until a better one comes along. I don't know why Google had to use 2.5D glass on these. Flat would have been fine.

thetonyclifton

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies to my post. I am watching intelliarmor.

I didnt buy from Verizon no I am in the UK. The cover just about covers the screen (the actually used part of the glass), it is very thin indeed. Way , way more than case friednly would require. It looks ridiculous.

TavisB

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The tempered glass protector reviews on Amazon so far all say that the edges don't seal bc of the curve of the glass.

I'm hoping someone can point me to a protector that will actually fit correctly on the edges. Anyone find one yet?

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
The tempered glass protector reviews on Amazon so far all say that the edges don't seal bc of the curve of the glass.

I'm hoping someone can point me to a protector that will actually fit correctly on the edges. Anyone find one yet?

I am trying these. They say "Please Note: Google Pixel XL screens has curved edges that our screen protectors do not cover 100%, as they would peel over time causing customer frustration, We designed our screen protectors so you will have maximum coverage on your device with ease of installation and durability."

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5511996

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I can now say that the Mr. Shield protectors do not cover the edges correctly, even though they say they do. I am keeping these protectors because Amazon gave them to me for free after their error, but I'm really just keeping the screen safe until I get the intelliarmors, which should fit.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair