Belkin USB-C PD Car Charger at VZW... *Update - Do Not Buy

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
*Update 11/30/16: Do not buy this charger. If you already have, you might do well to return it. See NathanK's revised report here...

https://plus.google.com/collection/UQ94NB

Not sure if the discount applies to everyone, but since I couldn't find the Belkin in-stock in the first few places I checked (Belkin, Amazon, Google Store, etc.) I checked VZW. Damn, they have it for $29, that's 25% off. Since it's fully PD-compliant, fully approved (Thanks NathanK) and comes with a good cable, it's a freakin' steal IMO. Free shipping too. Again, YMMV re: the discount.To be clear, it's this charger...belkin F7U004bt04-BLK.Hope this helps someone else that wants the most charging performance from their Pixel, while not frying it. :)-bk

Last edited:

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Belkin USB-C PD Car Charger at VZW...

It's a great charger, I've been using it since I got my Pixel XL. That's a good deal!

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

That's 25% less than the Play Store's $40 price, but if that price was with some sort of 25% coupon, it should have been even less as Verizon normally retails it for $35.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

Returned two of these.
They immediately blew fuses in my car.
All other chargers continue to work just fine in that outlet.
I have been working with NathanK/Benson on my findings with this product.

Buyer beware.
-bk

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site

I have been using this charger for over a month with no issues. Did you have any problems with it personally? I'm wondering if maybe there was a bad batch of them or if they are all like this.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Be sure to read NathanK's second post down at the link below. My car repeatedly blew fuses on the first and second Belkin charger I purchased. Nathan rates this as a bad charger, for reasons he explains.

I provided reports of fuses blowing and of readings I took from both chargers. My readings indicate that one charger was totally shorted from center to side, and it's replacement had a transient short upon applying voltage. Both are bad.

If it's working well for you it's totally up to you as to whether or not you continue to use it. Again, you may want to read Nathan's report.

I hope this helps!

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Be sure to read NathanK's second post down at the link below. My car repeatedly blew fuses on the first and second Belkin charger I purchased. Nathan rates this as a bad charger, for reasons he explains.

I provided reports of fuses blowing and of readings I took from both chargers. My readings indicate that one charger was totally shorted from center to side, and it's replacement had a transient short upon applying voltage. Both are bad.

If it's working well for you it's totally up to you as to whether or not you continue to use it. Again, you may want to read Nathan's report.

I hope this helps!
I bought mine from Verizon, I'm wondering if they will even take it back at this point. Perhaps I should contact Belkin directly? I don't want to chance blowing up my phone or messing up my car. Especially not for a $35 charger.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine from Verizon, I'm wondering if they will even take it back at this point. Perhaps I should contact Belkin directly? I don't want to chance blowing up my phone or messing up my car. Especially not for a $35 charger.

Exactly.

The potential good news is that you have evidence, provided by the acknowledged experts on the subject, Nathan and Benson.

I'd try VZW first.

-bk

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Belkin has acknowledged the issue.

Review this post for details on how to get a refund, or exchange for safer - but lower powered and non-PD compliant - charger + $10 refund.

Also, they set up a Belkin Support: Notify Me page to notify you when the revised version that meets specification is released (expected in Spring '17).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool