Google Pixelbook

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That and it starting off $150 cheaper than expected... having a hard time not pulling the trigger. If only it had a lightbar...

jmg1975

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I think for the price the pen should come with the device... there should also be a place on the pixelbook to store it. I also am shocked Google omitted a fingerprint scanner. although I think face unlock also makes a lot more sense on a laptop than a phone.

fabulas

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
While I plan on getting a Pixelbook, I am having a hard time understanding why an i7 processor is necessary. What real advantages will we see?

eugarps

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
While I plan on getting a Pixelbook, I am having a hard time understanding why an i7 processor is necessary. What real advantages will we see?

That’s one of my question as well. I’d buy the i7, 16GB, 512GB in a heartbeat, if it would run Windows. I know people have run Windows 10 in a Chromebook and I wonder if Google is planning to expand the Android OS or offer Windows or full Linux in the future?

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I know, I know. If ya gotta ask and all that, but still.

Serious question: What makes this Pixelbook worth the $1150 - $1750 price range? (I mean other than physical build quality & materials) You can pick up a mighty decent & highly portable Windows laptop for that kind of money. So what's the draw of a Chrome OS notebook that runs Android apps?

Here's my take... if you need to do something it cant do, then its just not for you... but you could still run linux on it and likely run that app.

So, for the money the hardware is spot on. That's all that needs to be said there.

Next, the chrome OS - it is simply the best internet browsing experience of any machine when you combine the chrome OS and this hardware. Viruses are no issue when surfing. It is lightning fast. There is nothing better. These days, you can do almost anything on the cloud and with web apps.

Android assitant - if you like it on your phone and the power and ease of use, imagine that on your laptop.

And finally, Android Apps - greatest library of apps of all time and the bonus is you already have purchased them on your phone. With PC/Mac you might have to buy licenses all over again for certain apps. I for one accept our Google overlords LOL because of the vast integration across their entire platform. It's simply amazing what you can do when you know how to harness it and tie it all together.

Oh and I almost forgot. Say goodbye to devastatiing software crashes. Your fix is as quick as a few minutes by resetting the machine and logging in. Settings and everything is on the cloud. You can even set up a full backup that can be accomplished without looking around for backup and OEM DVDs to boot from. It's so simple and so fast to recover and set up from the start.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae