4 Really interested.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I like the idea of this particular Chromebook. Really like the way it looks and it's integration of Google Assistant. Anyone going to get one? Which model?

CVisk

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I may get the base model. Don't really like the price. But someone compared it to $1k phones these days, and it's not so bad when you look at it that way.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
the base model is the only one that makes sense. you don't need more than it power for any app available. you don't need more than 4gb ram.... so even the base model is complete overkill.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I may get the base model. Don't really like the price. But someone compared it to $1k phones these days, and it's not so bad when you look at it that way.

I also compare it to the $1200 Macbooks that people use for email, Facebook, and word processing only.;)

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: 4Really interested.

thinking about it since I don't really do anything with my PC that I couldn't do with a chromebook, but wondering how well intel processor will run Android Apps. What does everything else think? I would only need the base model.

I also really wonder if Goggle has something is coming along that will need this much power a chromebook

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I also really wonder if Goggle has something is coming along that will need this much power a chromebook

That's the $100,000,000 question right there. Fuchsia? AndroChrome? Chromedroid?

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

That's the $100,000,000 question right there. Fuchsia? AndroChrome? Chromedroid?
Visions of Fuchsia and Andromeda were dancing in my head when I placed my pre-order for a Pixelbook and pen, but I’m having second thoughts, and I’ll probably cancel the order. Now, I feel more like I'm trying to crash a party I wasn't invited to.

I’m thinking now that Google’s real target Pixelbook demo is simply enterprise users who have to contend with saas software & multiple cloud services every day, especially enterprise users who currently use someone else’s cloud service more than they do Google’s. The specs, the build quality, the onboard storage options, the finally available Android apps, hell, even the integrated assistant make a lot more sense for people who need to travel and take their offices with them than for skatepunks who Photoshop (my takeaway from their presentation video, not how I identify).

Much as I’d like to think that I’m buying myself a front row seat to a supercharged version of Chrome OS by buying a Pixelbook, the reality is probably a whole lot more mundane, and I’m probably not going to get anything more than a really well made Chromebook for the money. Which is nothing to sneeze at. But it's also probably more chromebook than a fairly sedentary academic needs. (Until Adobe announces a full-dress version of Adobe CC optimized for Chrome OS.)

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I am really interested in Pixelbook. This will replace my ipad air which i won from my company 3 years ago.
I will still keep my macbook pro for file encryption&backup, occasional video editing using imovies etc.
when chromebook mature i will eventually get rid of my macbook as well.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Needed a new laptop after my son broke my year old Mack book that is not repairable. I looked at both at best buy and ended up with the pixel book but I have 15 days to return if I don't like it. So far so good no real bad issues yet but not totally convinced it's the best choice yet it will take a few more days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn