is it safe to say, if you want a premium android tablet with pen support
    the only logical future is the pixelbook?

I think more chromebooks will offer pen support if it becomes a staple in the os
    much like the samsung chromebook pro and plus.

It is a shame since the samsung galaxy book 12.2 inch came out, there aren't really many android tablets that can match its size or capacity to multitask on the big screen...

perhaps the pixel book is the way
    10-17-2017 09:20 AM
    it all depends what your going to use it that way. I think they will have low ends and high end which is the Pixel book.
    10-17-2017 05:48 PM
    For me, it's the future of laptops and mobile devices, period. As more options to operate web apps and work the cloud come, the less needed are large bulky operating systems.
    still1 likes this.
    11-08-2017 10:02 PM

I think more chromebooks will offer pen support if it becomes a staple in the os

It is a shame since the samsung galaxy book 12.2 inch came out, there aren't really many android tablets that can match its size or capacity to multitask on the big screen...

Google announced a few weeks ago true multi window support to the pixelbook coming soon so I'm looking forward to that. When I say true multi window support I mean whether it's an android app or native Chrome OS app you can resize them without any issues like a traditional windows/mac desktops.

Also have you folks tried out the "Crossover" Android app from the Google Play store which allows you to install over 13000 windows Apps? I've already successfully installed Office 2010/Libre Office on my pixelbook. It's crazy to be able to run windows apps on it.. SO now i get to run Android, Chrome OS and Windows applications!!!! This is the best of all worlds! Please see screen shot below of my Office 2010 installing and live in action! Thanks .

is the pixel book the future of android tablets?-img_20171116_164333.jpg
    cert15z likes this.
    11-16-2017 04:01 PM
    In terms of windows apps.. I wouldn't be able to play overwatch on this thing right haha
    11-21-2017 04:16 PM

Honestly I hope so. Every Android tablet I had before my Pixelbook was a crushing disappointment that had weaker hardware than my phone at the time and never got updated.
    davidb423 likes this.
    12-26-2017 12:49 AM
    Google announced a few weeks ago true multi window support to the pixelbook coming soon so I'm looking forward to that. When I say true multi window support I mean whether it's an android app or native Chrome OS app you can resize them without any issues like a traditional windows/mac desktops.

Also have you folks tried out the "Crossover" Android app from the Google Play store which allows you to install over 13000 windows Apps? I've already successfully installed Office 2010/Libre Office on my pixelbook. It's crazy to be able to run windows apps on it.. SO now i get to run Android, Chrome OS and Windows applications!!!! This is the best of all worlds! Please see screen shot below of my Office 2010 installing and live in action! Thanks .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171116_164333.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	490.7 KB 
ID:	273952
    can you install office 2016? to put it other way can you install applications that not available in their repo?
    I would like to install veracrypt and office 2016.

also do you have a link for this? "Google announced a few weeks ago true multi window support to the pixelbook" I am interested in knowing more about it
    01-10-2018 09:21 AM
    Don’t think it’s the future of the tablets but it’s a damm nice laptop to use very impressed.
    03-16-2018 09:06 AM
    We're headed towards this world, even if the Pixelbook, or even Chromebooks in general, aren't the main interface. I think back to the days when Sun was pushing JavaOS or something and we laughed. But computing in general has become more and more "thin client" as the Internet has gotten faster and web apps more prevalent.
    03-17-2018 09:27 PM
    We're headed towards this world, even if the Pixelbook, or even Chromebooks in general, aren't the main interface. I think back to the days when Sun was pushing JavaOS or something and we laughed. But computing in general has become more and more "thin client" as the Internet has gotten faster and web apps more prevalent.
    We are running more virtual apps at work than in the past... Makes life easier for the most part.
    03-19-2018 01:23 PM
    We are running more virtual apps at work than in the past... Makes life easier for the most part.
    It makes administration and management much, much easier for certain. The web apps angle plays nicely into "thin clients" like Chromebooks, iPads, whatever the latest attempt by Microsoft is. Only downside is what happens when that connection isn't available. Some web apps are less than graceful in how they handle this.
    03-19-2018 07:35 PM