using pixelbook or chromebook with dslr

captnpenguin

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
So looking at buying a chromebook (most likely pixelbook) and one thing I was wondering about was if I want to download photos from my DSLR does is work with the Chrome OS just like when you transfer photos to Windows or Mac? If not, what all do you need to do?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I have limited Chromebook knowledge but I know you can store files on it, I doubt it will automatically import photos when attaching the camera like Windows can. Will probably need to remove the SD card from the camera and connect it to the Chromebook and drag the files over with the file browser they have.

keilflex

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
hmmm. would think there's a transfer app or manager that would upload em in photos or drive. idk. good question

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I have my pixelbook on order, but assume it should be simple. Just launch the file browser and move your image files where ever. But it depends on how you are hooking up your camera to USB-C - cable or SD card?

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
So looking at buying a chromebook (most likely pixelbook) and one thing I was wondering about was if I want to download photos from my DSLR does is work with the Chrome OS just like when you transfer photos to Windows or Mac? If not, what all do you need to do?

Here is a video example of someone connecting their gopro camera to their chromebook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Bm9kot21g

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm this worked for me. I bought a USB to mini USB for my gopro and I am able to transfer videos and pictures from my GoPro Hero 4 Silver just fine. After the cable arrived I remembered I had a type C to USB adapter that came with my Pixel 2 XL and another that came with my Pixel XL. I could of just used that with the wire that came with the GoPro just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995