What sleeve are you using!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Definitely like this. It has a pen holder on the inside of the case that works perfectly for me. Been using it since December and I have zero complaints.

ProCase Surface Laptop 2017 / Surface Book Macbook Pro 13 Case Sleeve, Protective Sleeve Cover for 13 Inch Macbook Pro 2016 / Pro Retina / Macbook Air 13.3" / Surface Book Tablet Laptop -Brown https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017JG9TE...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6261928

I ended up buying that.... Not bad for the price

IanThomas

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
Is this one your referring to? I've been looking at this one as well.

Yes, that's the one. I even paid an extra $10 for my initials! I still recommend this case highly. As with all quality leather goods it just seems to get better with age. It is expensive but, having paid out the original price for the 16/512 Pixelbook I wanted something elegant and sturdy to clothe it.

mlee1999

May 24, 2017
Visit site
Bought this sleeve off eBay. Cheap fits Pixel book well and looks nice. The elastic strap holds the Pixel book well. I don't have a pen to try the loop.
ddd45808834a190ee9c72da972525e37.jpg

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I bought this gorgeous case from Amazon UK which was £16 delivered Amazon Prime. It fits the Pixelbook perfectly and is padded and soft inside to protect the laptop. It has a carry handle on top and a pocket on the side for charger and accessories. It opens fully and lies flat to allow full access to the laptop as well. It really is an excellent choice for the PB.

I have attached photos of mine and posted links for the Amazon UK and the Amazon USA listings for this case. (Oh it is the same in £ and $)

Amazon USA https://www.amazon.com/ProCase-Sleeve-Case-Bag-Protective/dp/B016Z3EFL0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1535776134&sr=8-1&keywords=ProCase+12-12.9+Inch+Sleeve+Case+Bag+for+Surface+Pro+2017%2FPro+4+3%2C+MacBook+Pro+13%2C+iPad+Pro+Protective+Carrying+Cover+Handbag+for+11%22+12%22+Lenovo+Dell+Toshiba+HP+ASUS+Acer+Chromebook+-Light+Gray&dpID=61EMPXQjjaL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Amazon UK https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016Z3EGOG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1535774567498.jpg1535774607575.jpg

shasticat

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Definitely like this. It has a pen holder on the inside of the case that works perfectly for me. Been using it since December and I have zero complaints.

ProCase Surface Laptop 2017 / Surface Book Macbook Pro 13 Case Sleeve, Protective Sleeve Cover for 13 Inch Macbook Pro 2016 / Pro Retina / Macbook Air 13.3" / Surface Book Tablet Laptop -Brown https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017JG9TE0...cUvbUpU6261928

I have it as well, in this black color. Its is really nice!
51rzfnHZL7L.jpg

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Since Mike brought up that this thread has been floating around before I made a sleeve thread, I'll bump this one up. :)

I purchased the Bellroy case from bellroy.com since Google store didn't have any in stock. Then I ordered the pen clip which I really like, that way if I don't care with the Bellroy sleeve I still have the pen. I justified the purchase by thinking the Pixelbook is so beuatiful it was worth spending extra and a great looking sleeve. Pixelbook fits great in the sleeve and I'm very happy with it.

I have a Bellroy case on the way, and I also have their pen clip. With the pen clip, does it still fit in the loop?

I currently have a tomtoc sleeve, which is nice, though the pen sort of flops around in the back pocket.

IMG_20181108_095929.jpg

I like that ProCase Surface Laptop sleeve, though again, I wonder if the Pixelbook Pen (with clip) would fit in the holder.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Since Mike brought up that this thread has been floating around before I made a sleeve thread, I'll bump this one up. :)

I have a Bellroy case on the way, and I also have their pen clip. With the pen clip, does it still fit in the loop?

I currently have a tomtoc sleeve, which is nice, though the pen sort of flops around in the back pocket.

View attachment 293777

I like that ProCase Surface Laptop sleeve, though again, I wonder if the Pixelbook Pen (with clip) would fit in the holder.

I haven't tried using the pen clip and loop from the sleeve at the same time, it would still work only on the party of the pen that the clip doesn't cover. When I use the pen clip I attached the pen/clip to the Pixelbook and bypass the loop from the sleeve.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried using the pen clip and loop from the sleeve at the same time, it would still work only on the party of the pen that the clip doesn't cover. When I use the pen clip I attached the pen/clip to the Pixelbook and bypass the loop from the sleeve.

Thanks for the info! Since you've had the pen clip for awhile, you've not noticed any kind of scuffling by clipping the pen to the Pixelbook? I'm planning on putting my dbrand skin on it (been lazy to get around to doing so :p), so I've been apprehensive clipping it to mine.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info! Since you've had the pen clip for awhile, you've not noticed any kind of scuffling by clipping the pen to the Pixelbook? I'm planning on putting my dbrand skin on it (been lazy to get around to doing so :p), so I've been apprehensive clipping it to mine.

I haven't used the pen clip or even the pen in the last 6 months or so, prior to that I haven't had any scuffing on my Pixelbook. The part that clips on the Pixelbook seems fairly softer so it shouldn't cause any harm.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Short update: I picked up a Bellroy sleeve in gray (with the leather accents) and tried it out. It's nice and snug, but I decided it wasn't for me...I'll sell it to anyone here for a good price. :)

As for the clip, I'm contemplating returning or selling it. I just put on the dbrand skin, and now the clip doesn't appear to fit. I'm afraid of forcing it to clip on because it might damage the skin or the corner of the display on the other side.

jabaa

Oct 25, 2018
Visit site
For you sleeve owners, do you find you use yours a lot? I have a full on laptop bag that i use to transport my laptop (say to a coffee shop), so a sleeve would be mostly for around the house. And I'm wondering if I'd use the sleeve much really.

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
For you sleeve owners, do you find you use yours a lot? I have a full on laptop bag that i use to transport my laptop (say to a coffee shop), so a sleeve would be mostly for around the house. And I'm wondering if I'd use the sleeve much really.
I use mine and put it in my bag with a laptop holder. Honestly, i like it because it keeps my pen and computer together for when I'm traveling around the office and campus for meetings when I am not taking my whole bag.

jabaa

Oct 25, 2018
Visit site
I use mine and put it in my bag with a laptop holder. Honestly, i like it because it keeps my pen and computer together for when I'm traveling around the office and campus for meetings when I am not taking my whole bag.

I don't have a pen yet and am guessing I won't get one (unless someone convinces me I need one!) so that part doesn't pertain necessarily. Thanks for your response though.

benjamin19

Trusted Member
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a pen yet and am guessing I won't get one (unless someone convinces me I need one!) so that part doesn't pertain necessarily. Thanks for your response though.
If you decide to get one, the Android app Squid is by far the best note taking app I've ever used any platform.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

I use my Tomtoc sleeve when my Pixelbook is not in use. When I take my messenger bag with me, I keep the PB in the sleeve and just slip it in.

Sidenote, I put the PB pen either in the back pocket of the sleeve, or in a pen pocket in my messenger bag when not in use. I've been using it more than I expected.

Sidenote 2, I put my Bellroy Pixelbook sleeve in the Marketplace, if anyone is interested. :) https://forums.androidcentral.com/m...-pixelbook-sleeve-light-grey.html#post6406444

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz