Contemplating Purchase

mattkerwin24

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Hey all,

Ive been between the Pixelbook and Samsung Chromebook pro, and am getting ready to make a purchase.

Convince me on either!

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Never used a chromebook til I got my pixelbook, always had a pc or windows laptop. This is easily the best machine I've ever bought, extremely fast, absolutely beautiful and dead easy to get used to, its probably the Rolls Royce of chromebooks and to my mind worth every penny

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I purchased the Pixelbook a couple months ago and I'm really happy with everything about it from design to performance. I was also considering the Samsung Pro but normally if I settle for a product because it's cheaper I end up regretting it. I'm glad I decided on Pixelbook and know it's going to last me for awhile.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Never used a chromebook til I got my pixelbook, always had a pc or windows laptop. This is easily the best machine I've ever bought, extremely fast, absolutely beautiful and dead easy to get used to, its probably the Rolls Royce of chromebooks and to my mind worth every penny

Had my Pixelbook about 2 weeks. The pixelbook without a doubt it's more expensive however I believe that there's room for it to grow in terms of future as far as the hardware. Some can't justify the price but I'll tell you what....I'm pretty happy. It just feels good using it and the display is really beautiful. Best Buy should have one on display go check it out.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I am still a Windows guy but I picked up one of these over the weekend and for day to day use, I can do everything on this device. It takes a bit to get used to and the Launcher needs more customizability options. Android Apps are running WAY better than I expected and even the games run full screen (if the game is designed for that) and that has been the most impressive thing.

Yes, it is expensive but oddly, it is worth it for the quality.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I use grammerly it works every where I type on my pixelbook give it a try its in the playstore.

I sure will...thanks...

The spellcheck was about to go on my very shortlist of showstoppers on the PixelBook. The main show stopper is the lack of a child account. They removed it in January with an update and they said Google Family Link is coming but not ETA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac